“Very Bad experience” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 23 Activities in Montezuma
More attraction details
Owner description: WATERFALLS ZIP LINE TOURS The canopy consists of a series of 9 cables, 13 platforms that are suspended high above the forest floor. While on the canopy tour you will see a number of plants and animals unique to Costa Rica, possibly including howler and white-faced monkeys, parrots, iguanas and much more. During the tour we stop at the famous waterfalls where you can take pictures and go for a swim in the pools carved by the cascading waters. After that we´ll stop in Montezuma, so you can have some time to shop and look around.
Ocean City
4 attraction reviews
“Very Bad experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

My family and I went to Montezuma to go to the waterfall last week and had a terrible experience. As we saw signs that says great trail to the falls we decided to stop there and start our journey to the fall. After telling the lady in charge that I had my 60 year old mother and my brother carrying his 5 month old baby she told us the trails were very easy and shouldn't take more then 15 minutes. Well, we trusted her and paid $16 for 4 people. It started out very easy, but after 15 minutes and no waterfalls we took the wrong way and ended up in very dangerous terrain. There was no signs that should have read DO NOT ENTER . My mother fell while trying to go down a very steep dirt hill and we all couldn't have been more scared for the baby. It took us about 40 minutes to arrive at the fall. we then had to pay someone to bring us back a different way into town, where I then had to hike back to get the car. When I asked them to give me my money back, they laughed at me.
I couldn't have been angrier at them, they misled us, there is absolutely no signs anywhere on the trail and someone could have been seriously hurt.
The bottom line is, as a company like this dealing with tourist they were TERRIBLE !!

Visited January 2014
William M, Manager at SunTrails Montezuma Waterfall Canopy Tour, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
We have opened a trail to the waterfalls of montezuma 2 months ago . It consist of suspension bridges and than a beautiful way trough the rainforest along the river of montezuma until you reach the waterfalls and also the end of our trail.

We are really sorry for the situation of this person , but the most things are not really true :
1) First of all she wrote that she had paid 16 $ thats a lie , she just paid for 2 persons and thats a amount of 8$ and babies are free
2) Here at our office where the trail starts we have maps , which explaining how the trail works and how long it is
3) This person did use our trail until the waterfalls but she had walked further until she had reached an unauthorized trail ( which is also closed to the public because its to dangerous )
4) Its really easy to find the waterfalls because a lot of people are there and there are no more waterfalls , also the trail ends there , she is the first person who had walked further and didn't find the waterfalls
5) nobody here did laugh at her we tried to explain how sorry we are for her mother and her whole situation , and apologized a few times

Milton, Georgia
250 attraction reviews
“Pura Vida: Super Safe, Super Fun, Great Jungle Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I did this with my wife and a group of 16 people in total who ranged in age from 22 to 76. Everyone had fun and did all lines.

The runs are of varying speeds and lengths but not one will make you feel in danger. A walk down to the river mid-way with a 15 foot jump into a pool is optional.

The views are spectacular and the staff very friendly and helpful. Worth half a day with an meal in Montezuma after a great option.

If this review is helpful to you then please indicate so below.

Visited January 2014
Thanks a lot
Corning, Iowa
7 attraction reviews
“Thrilling Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I recently visited Montezuma, Costa Rica for our honeymoon and did the Waterfall Canopy Tour one of the mornings we were there. For only taking up 4hrs of your total day including travel time, this tour is amazing. We were with a group of about 10 and was a good number. The zip-lining was such a thrill, especially because we hadn't dont it before and all of the staff were very pleasant. After the 6th cable we stopped at a river and jumped off the waterfall and it was so much fun. Once getting back to the main office, one of the tour guides had taken pictures and video of everyone on the tour and was selling CD's with all the pics/videas + extra photos of Costa Rica for $20; which we thought was very reasonable for an experience that doesn't happen very often in ones lifetime. Overall, I would say don't visit Montezuma without doing this tour.

Visited June 2013
Thanks a lot
William
Fort Worth, Texas
15 attraction reviews
“Disappointed with staff being untruthful”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I had read reviews for this zip lining and knew what to look for. When we arrived at 12:30 for the 1pm zip lining, we were the only ones there. We paid and took a seat. Some other couples came. Then, a van came with tons of people. I went in and spoke to the girl at the desk and asked her how many people were reserved for the 3pm time slot. She said 4. I asked her to please move us to the 3pm slot and we would come back. She asked me why and I told her it was because there were now 20 people going on this slot and I knew it was going to take a while at each platform. She said, no there are only 14 people going at this time slot and there will not be any wait at each platform because everyone is hooked up quickly. I told her I still wanted to just come back at 3pm and a man on staff that was in the office assured me that there would be not waiting. We went ahead and sat back down. Once they suited everyone up and started giving instructions I counted, and there were 21 people. We couldn't hear the instructions well and several girls asked him to repeat what he was saying and he didn't understand, so my husband explained to them what they had missed. Overall, it took 2 1/2 hours to do the tour and we did not get done till 3:30pm. Why? Because there were too many people and at times we waited 15-20 minutes at each platform. Not everyone fit at each platform so they would do half the people......get them to the next one.....then do the next half.....and wait to start the first group. We only got to be at the waterfalls for about 20 minutes. THE CLIMBING AND STEPS BACK UP FROM THE WATERFALL IS GRUELING. Then there are more steps and more steps and more steps at each platform after the waterfall because you have to work your way back up to the beginning height. After completing it.....I don't feel the $120 was worth it for myself, husband, and son. There was only one line that was long and fast. One of the lines that they are counting as a zip is only about 15 feet long and it is just to get you to the real platform. We might have had a much better time if it wasn't such a large group.

Visited June 2013
Rock Hill, South Carolina
80 attraction reviews
“Take your swimsuits!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This was our first time on a zipline and we picked a great place to do it. There were 9 lines, 2 of which were quite long and the most exciting. After the 6th one, you stop for about ½ hour at a waterfall and can swim. So take your swimsuits because on a hot day this was quite refreshing. You can jump in the waterhole from the rocks and/or swing out on a rope and drop off into the water. Both are fun. The last line was the most thrilling from two different perspectives. One, it’s quite long so you go faster. And, two, you turn backwards and have an absolutely fantastic view of the ocean. Well worth the $40 per person. I can’t compare other ziplines to this but for me, it was worth it for the view and the stop to swim. To zipline just to zipline would not have been nearly as fun – the view and swimtime made it worth it. Just a note – you do have to walk down steps to the waterhole (and obviously back up). I wouldn’t say you need to be in shape but if you’re not, you’ll probably huff and puff a bit, especially in this heat.

Visited April 2013