“Disappointed with staff being untruthful” 2 of 5 stars

+506-2642-0808
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: WATERFALLS ZIP LINE TOURS The canopy consists of a series of 9 cables, 13 platforms that are suspended high above the forest floor. While on the canopy tour you will see a number of plants and animals unique to Costa Rica, possibly including howler and white-faced monkeys, parrots, iguanas and much more. During the tour we stop at the famous waterfalls where you can take pictures and go for a swim in the pools carved by the cascading waters. After that we´ll stop in Montezuma, so you can have some time to shop and look around.
Fort Worth, Texas
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 181 helpful votes
“Disappointed with staff being untruthful”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I had read reviews for this zip lining and knew what to look for. When we arrived at 12:30 for the 1pm zip lining, we were the only ones there. We paid and took a seat. Some other couples came. Then, a van came with tons of people. I went in and spoke to the girl at the desk and asked her how many people were reserved for the 3pm time slot. She said 4. I asked her to please move us to the 3pm slot and we would come back. She asked me why and I told her it was because there were now 20 people going on this slot and I knew it was going to take a while at each platform. She said, no there are only 14 people going at this time slot and there will not be any wait at each platform because everyone is hooked up quickly. I told her I still wanted to just come back at 3pm and a man on staff that was in the office assured me that there would be not waiting. We went ahead and sat back down. Once they suited everyone up and started giving instructions I counted, and there were 21 people. We couldn't hear the instructions well and several girls asked him to repeat what he was saying and he didn't understand, so my husband explained to them what they had missed. Overall, it took 2 1/2 hours to do the tour and we did not get done till 3:30pm. Why? Because there were too many people and at times we waited 15-20 minutes at each platform. Not everyone fit at each platform so they would do half the people......get them to the next one.....then do the next half.....and wait to start the first group. We only got to be at the waterfalls for about 20 minutes. THE CLIMBING AND STEPS BACK UP FROM THE WATERFALL IS GRUELING. Then there are more steps and more steps and more steps at each platform after the waterfall because you have to work your way back up to the beginning height. After completing it.....I don't feel the $120 was worth it for myself, husband, and son. There was only one line that was long and fast. One of the lines that they are counting as a zip is only about 15 feet long and it is just to get you to the real platform. We might have had a much better time if it wasn't such a large group.

Visited June 2013

Rock Hill, South Carolina
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 163 helpful votes
“Take your swimsuits!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This was our first time on a zipline and we picked a great place to do it. There were 9 lines, 2 of which were quite long and the most exciting. After the 6th one, you stop for about ½ hour at a waterfall and can swim. So take your swimsuits because on a hot day this was quite refreshing. You can jump in the waterhole from the rocks and/or swing out on a rope and drop off into the water. Both are fun. The last line was the most thrilling from two different perspectives. One, it’s quite long so you go faster. And, two, you turn backwards and have an absolutely fantastic view of the ocean. Well worth the $40 per person. I can’t compare other ziplines to this but for me, it was worth it for the view and the stop to swim. To zipline just to zipline would not have been nearly as fun – the view and swimtime made it worth it. Just a note – you do have to walk down steps to the waterhole (and obviously back up). I wouldn’t say you need to be in shape but if you’re not, you’ll probably huff and puff a bit, especially in this heat.

Visited April 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I did this with my 10 year old and my 6 y/o (who are somewhat adventurous). We had a terrific time. The kids loved it so much they demanded doing ziplines later in the trip with a different company in Vulcan region. The guides were great, bilingual and they went with my 6 y/o when she didn't want to go alone. As the previous reviews said, a great part of this zipline trip is the swim half way through at the montezuma waterfalls. There are some fun 10-15 foot jumps off rocks you can do and also a rope swing. Beautiful, fun and refreshing.
This was a highlight of the trip for my kids (and admittedly for me too :))

Visited April 2013
William M, Manager at SunTrails Montezuma Waterfall Canopy Tour, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thanks a lot
William
Sheboygan, WI
“Good staff, good pictures and a nice break to swim”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

A group of four of us went zip-lining through SunTrails and had an excellent time. Myself and one other member of our group have ziplined before and, unfortunately, Montezuma is not as spectacular in terms of views as other places we have been. Nevertheless, SunTrails makes the most of it what they have (don't get me wrong - its still beautiful) and the staff makes it fun as well as safe. Plus, just over halfway you stop to take a dip in the river/waterfall and this is a blast (be prepared for a small hike back to the canopy)! A family member bought us the photo disc as a gift and we loved it! Lots of cool action pics and videos. I would definitely recommend this if you're staying in or around Montezuma!

Visited March 2013
Thanks a lot
William
Lakewood, Colorado
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Awesome ride on the line”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is an adventure that I highly recommend you take when in Costa Rica. The staff here was AMAZING. They are all pretty young kids but they know what they are doing and you feel very safe. The waterfall at the end was so fun. We were allowed an hour to swim and jump off the cliffs and swing on the ropes to our hearts delight. We saw some monkeys and beautiful birds. The price was very reasonable and I suggest getting the DVD that they add at the end for an extra $20 US dollars. Everyone that is on the tour will be on the DVD but that is OK as you get to watch yourself taking a trip down the lines and then jumping off the waterfalls or playing in the water. What a great adventure!!!!

Visited November 2012