“Great choice with a friendly owner” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Montezuma Pacific Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montezuma
Montezuma Pacific Hotel
Town center, Montezuma, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #2 of 15 Montezuma B&B and Inns
Muenster, Germany
“Great choice with a friendly owner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This hotel is a great choice in town. It has a nice terrace upstairs and clean and nice rooms. A carpet at the beach is maybe not the best floor, but it was clean- what is the most important fact. The owner will help you with every question and doubt.In this hotel you will find good rooms for reasonable prices.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Huntington, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I traveled with my fiancee and we had a great time in Montezuma. It is a great town that is relaxing and fun. Our stay was made so much better by Carlos. Carlos owns the Montezuma Pacific Hotel and he truly makes you feel at home. From the fresh brewed coffee in the morning to his welcoming smile whenever he sees you. Carlos goes out of his way to make sure his guest are comfortable and worry free during their stay. I only wish I could have stayed longer to enjoy his hospitality.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

My girlfriend and I had an incredible time in Costa Rica and the Montezuma Pacific Hotel was the perfect place for us to stay while at the beach. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the owner Carlos always went above and beyond to be sure that we had everything we needed. The hotel itself is tucked nicely just around the corner from the main strip of Montezuma, a 1 minute walk away if you're interested in the nightlife but not so close that you can feel the music from Chico's Bar. I highly recommend!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Service: Carlos is an awesome owner! There was coffee every morning and he greets you with a warm smile and a friendly hello. He helped us with our luggage and walked us to our room. I think he lives here which would explain the pride he takes in his hotel.

Value: I can't remember what we paid but I know it was reasonable because we were traveling on a very small budget.

Sleep Quality: Excellent! Beds were comfortable and I'll mention this again at the location but because this hotel is not right on the water near the hostels it very quite at night which makes for a great nights rest.

Cleanliness: Clean sheets, clean room, clean bathroom, NO BUGS!

Location: Montezuma is so small that where ever you stay you are close to everything. I will say that not being directly on the water is fantastic because it is quite at night. The location is within a one to two minute walk to the main road and beach. Also the day were leaving there was an adorable farmers market right outside the hotel.

Rooms: We stayed in a room that was outside. Basically you entered the room from outside not the lobby. The room was great. No bugs, clean sheets, clean shower, TV (which I never used), power outlets in convenient spots, wifi signal did not reach my room but once was fine at the lobby area.

Montezuma is an amazing town, it's perfect for people that want to get away and relax. It is not a party town, there is only one bar and an handful of restaurants. There is an amazing waterfall nearby, the hiking awesome, and a great yoga spot (montezuma yoga) near by.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Montezuma Pacific Hotel is in a great location, it's walking distance to the beach and all of the best restaurants and bars. There's a wonderful charm to the hotel and the such friendly, accommodating staff. If you want to do Costa Rica right, you have to visit the Montezuma Pacific Hotel! I had such a great stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I could not have had a better welcome to Costa Rica by staying at Montezuma Pacific Hotel. The owner Senhor Carlos was extremely helpful and kind helping us with everything and anything ...Very happy with the price and I must say that he does a great job maintaining rooms clean and neat.
We felt at home ! As soon as we woke up we had a Jar of agreat Costa Rican Coffee waiting for us at the lobby area..hummm delicious!! I must say, if you ever stop by Montezuma check it out and you wont regret it!.
By the way the rooms have great hot water, AC,safe, Internet , TV and a little fridge to keep your drinks cool.
I want to thank you Carlos for being there for us when we needed and for your beautiful heart.
God bless you . La Brazilera de Florida Pat

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
las vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a few nights while and montezuma and found it nice enough out of the other montezuma options. It is run by a wonderful man named Carlos who is always trying to make sure you are doing well, comfortable and safe. The rooms have a/c, hot water, fridges and tv. The basics. No breakfast though. Be warned that the wifi only works in the rooms next to the office. Other than that, the rooms are not immaculately clean, so if you're a neat freak you're just going to have to suck it up. But it's montezuma, that's the way it goes unless you stay at the lyang lyang resort. The location was probably my favorite part. Just a stones throw from the Main Street but quiet enough to avoid the 4 wheelers blairing through the streets in the morning. Overall it was a good value, nice enough to pass a few days to enjoy montezuma, but nothing incredible.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Montezuma Pacific Hotel? Share your experiences!