“Amazing Location and Quite” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Montezuma Pacific Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montezuma
Montezuma Pacific Hotel
Town center, Montezuma, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #2 of 15 Montezuma B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Amazing Location and Quite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Service: Carlos is an awesome owner! There was coffee every morning and he greets you with a warm smile and a friendly hello. He helped us with our luggage and walked us to our room. I think he lives here which would explain the pride he takes in his hotel.

Value: I can't remember what we paid but I know it was reasonable because we were traveling on a very small budget.

Sleep Quality: Excellent! Beds were comfortable and I'll mention this again at the location but because this hotel is not right on the water near the hostels it very quite at night which makes for a great nights rest.

Cleanliness: Clean sheets, clean room, clean bathroom, NO BUGS!

Location: Montezuma is so small that where ever you stay you are close to everything. I will say that not being directly on the water is fantastic because it is quite at night. The location is within a one to two minute walk to the main road and beach. Also the day were leaving there was an adorable farmers market right outside the hotel.

Rooms: We stayed in a room that was outside. Basically you entered the room from outside not the lobby. The room was great. No bugs, clean sheets, clean shower, TV (which I never used), power outlets in convenient spots, wifi signal did not reach my room but once was fine at the lobby area.

Montezuma is an amazing town, it's perfect for people that want to get away and relax. It is not a party town, there is only one bar and an handful of restaurants. There is an amazing waterfall nearby, the hiking awesome, and a great yoga spot (montezuma yoga) near by.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Montezuma Pacific Hotel is in a great location, it's walking distance to the beach and all of the best restaurants and bars. There's a wonderful charm to the hotel and the such friendly, accommodating staff. If you want to do Costa Rica right, you have to visit the Montezuma Pacific Hotel! I had such a great stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I could not have had a better welcome to Costa Rica by staying at Montezuma Pacific Hotel. The owner Senhor Carlos was extremely helpful and kind helping us with everything and anything ...Very happy with the price and I must say that he does a great job maintaining rooms clean and neat.
We felt at home ! As soon as we woke up we had a Jar of agreat Costa Rican Coffee waiting for us at the lobby area..hummm delicious!! I must say, if you ever stop by Montezuma check it out and you wont regret it!.
By the way the rooms have great hot water, AC,safe, Internet , TV and a little fridge to keep your drinks cool.
I want to thank you Carlos for being there for us when we needed and for your beautiful heart.
God bless you . La Brazilera de Florida Pat

las vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a few nights while and montezuma and found it nice enough out of the other montezuma options. It is run by a wonderful man named Carlos who is always trying to make sure you are doing well, comfortable and safe. The rooms have a/c, hot water, fridges and tv. The basics. No breakfast though. Be warned that the wifi only works in the rooms next to the office. Other than that, the rooms are not immaculately clean, so if you're a neat freak you're just going to have to suck it up. But it's montezuma, that's the way it goes unless you stay at the lyang lyang resort. The location was probably my favorite part. Just a stones throw from the Main Street but quiet enough to avoid the 4 wheelers blairing through the streets in the morning. Overall it was a good value, nice enough to pass a few days to enjoy montezuma, but nothing incredible.

• Stayed September 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Having found Montezuma and it's owner Carlos after rolling into Montezuma a few nights ago we were very pleased with the cleanliness and price of his hotel. The real difference however was the incredible help and effort he made to assist us after having the unfortunate luck of having our backpack stolen while at Mal Pais beach. Carlos helped the coordination and receipt of a new rental car key that had to be flown over from San Jose and also provided a lot of advice and support over the entire incident.

His unsolicited and sincere support helped make a bad situation much better and more importantly reflected a heart and soul that makes us all richer people when we have the opportunity to meet them.

Thanks again Carlos! Your support and kindness will not be forgotten. Hope to see you again soon.

George & Patricia

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Friends and I were traveling through Costa Rica for a while by the time we got to Momtezuma. We had read some great reviews about Montezuma Pacifico prior to arranging a three night stay. The rooms are very simple, but are clean, spacious and in a great location. Carlos, the hotel owner, was the icing on the cake. He was extremely kind and accommodating, helping us with matters such as getting laundry done, to giving us tips and directions to and from destinations. I would definitely recommend this place for travelers who are looking for good value and a trusting helping hand - Carlos is the best!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I wandered into town a few days ago with no reservation anywhere and on a budget. Montezuma Pacifico was the fourth and last place I checked out. It had everything I needed at a great price. It's only a few more dollars than the seedy hostels in town and the rooms are way nicer. Air conditioning, hot shower, a safe, a TV, and a mini-fridge. Most importantly, the bed in the room was king sized, brand new, and extremely comfortable.
It was a one minute walk away from the main street, which is important if you don't want to be woken up at sunup by a bunch of ATVs and dirt bikes driving around. It's a three minute walk to the main beach. I woke up every morning to the sound of birds.
It does not have a party atmosphere, which was appealing to me as I liked to end my nights with a beer or two on the balcony and get to bed peacefully.
Carlos, the owner, is a very accommodating gentleman. He is always around to answer any of your questions about the town, and most noteworthy is the fact that he's completely honest. He will not give a recommendation if he doesn't have one, and he won't attempt to overcharge you like many of the other places/people in town.
If I were to return to Montezuma, I'd definitely head back to this place.

I have a card with a different phone number than the one listed here on Tripadvisor, so I'll write it down here in case it's helpful: 800-722-4342

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Montezuma Pacific Hotel? Share your experiences!