“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 32 restaurants in Montezuma
Cuisines: Dessert, Italian, Vegan, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Craving a chic atmosphere with high quality healthy food and locally grown fresh organic fruit smoothies? Well, then Organico is the place for you! Settled in the heart of Montezuma, you can sip on anything from espresso to mango, papaya & avocado ice cream shakes.Here you can find vegan, vegetarian and gluten free options along with your typical Costa Rican dishes. The newly owned Organico is currently the only restaurant in Montezuma center with Italian chefs who’s influence has attracted many. Come and enjoy Montezuma with a taste of homemade gelato (vegan friendly) bread and cakes, cappuccino, the special pancake, ceviche, or a simple casado with secret and natural ingredients. Natural products are available for sale: coconut oil, carao, spirulina, different natural herbs and much more! Organico also provides yoga and a “book exchange” corner. Last but not least, the new Organico created the one and only Live Music project in Montezuma! Every Monday has “open mic” where anyone can play, and each day you can find eclectic bands and art expressions! Organico is a slow life community, Pura Vida are welcome! From de-light to the night!Breakfast, lunch, dinner, easy and healthy food, natural products, bakery, homemade bread, homemade cheese, LIVE MUSIC!, wi fi, book exchange, homemade gelato, smoothies, shakes, cappuccino & espresso italiano... ... ... the original in Montezuma!(Organico is waiting for the change of ALL the informations on other website and books. We yet did the requests, just wait for the answers - the place is ALSO but ont ONLY vegan. Thank you for choosing us)
Fishers, Indiana, United States
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Had a wonderful dinner with lots of interesting and delicious flavor combinations. Highly recommend. They are closed for dinner on Saturdays, though!

66% Recommend
Itasca, Illinois
“Very friendly staff, but disappointing taste and loud music”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

My fiance and I had dinner one evening at Organica. The staff was very friendly, but unfortunately that's the best of the place. Overpriced drinks and food with flavor lacking, I won't return anytime soon. My fiance, on the other hand, loved her meal (a swordfish special, I think). If you order Chimichurri, you'll get something closer to pico de gallo, and the plantain portions were extremely small. Sorry, I don't want to be a hater, but this was my experience.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
“live entertainment, cool place, slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We came to Organico because they were advertising live music at 6:30. Well the talent didn't start until closer to 7:30 or 8, but they were a great reggae band so the wait was worth it. The food we ordered was good. I wouldn't say fantastic, some of it was great, some better than average, some only ok. I had swordfish, which had great flavour, but was over done so I found it dry. The salad and rice on my dish was tasty as well. My husband had a seafood pasta. I found the sauce flavour to be gross, but he's not as fussy as me and didn't complain. My daughter had pasta off the kids menu with a white cream sauce. She loved it, but it wasn't enough for her and she stole half of my husbands pasta. To be fair, she's at an age where often the kids menu isn't big enough portions for her. When she's really hungry she orders an adult meal, but this day she said she wasn't crazy hungry. It turned out she was wrong, so that's why the portion wasn't suited to her. My other daughter ordered chicken off the kids menu and was completely satisfied with size. The food service was extremely slow here. It seemed there was no food coming out for a long time, so I don't know if there was a malfunction or if they just had a time management issue.
The restaurant has a cool little side room with books & seating, which I bet is great during the day when you come grab a coffee and just want to chill. My kids could have spent all night in there, checking out the decor and the books.

New York
“A definite MUST while in Montezuma”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We found our dinner experience at Organico to be just sublime. We were well greeted (in french, english, and spanish, all of which we spoke) and treated to a delight of marlin tacos and organic pasta. There was also fantastic live music, and one older fellow was called up to play his bongo drums and solo on the keyboard.....he was nothing short of incredible. He also happened to be one of (if not THE) producers of organic goods at a local market in Santa Teresa, where we had recognized his long white beard. In a nutshell, we found the food to be incredible, the ambiance fantastic, and the value to be quite good as well. Very highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Montezuma.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Memphis, Tennessee
“Pretty lame”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stopped in for lunch one day. Spent $50+ for 4 of us. Two of us ordered the veggie sandwich. Ice berg lettuce, tomato wedges, zucchini spears, and a sliver of onion on toasted white bread... underwhelming and impossible to eat without destroying it because they didn't slice up the contents for a sandwich. So-so bruschetta, and disappointing chimichurry. Decent guacamole but with pedestrian chips.