“Tasty cerviche” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 32 restaurants in Montezuma
Cuisines: Eclectic
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Description: Open for lunch 12:00-4:00pmHappy hour 4:00-6:00pmDinner 6:00-10:00pmAbierto almuerzo 12:00-4:00pmHappy Hour 4:00-6:00pmCena 6:00:10:00pm
Dublin, Ireland
“Tasty cerviche”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is a lovely place by the sea.
The night i was there, it was full which is unusual for anywhere in Costa Rica in November!
The food was delicious, especially the cerviche starter.
The portions are huge though. I had to leave half my main which was shrimp and calamari which for me is unthinkable! Wasting delicious fish!! Terrible!
Prices are high enough but i found that with most places in montezuma and Costa Rica in general.

88% Recommend
Moorestown, NJ
“Killer ceviche!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Cocolores is a little restaurant near the beach at the end of Montezuma. It is operated by an angry, though charming, punk rock Italian guy who is very energetic and really knows his food. Although it's listed as ecclectic, I would call it Italian, Tuscan, in fact. We had a ceviche that was amazing and unlike anything I've had in Latin America. I have experienced this food in Tuscany, however, and when I asked Angry Italian where he was from he said Livorno. Why am I going on and on about this? Because I used to reside in Florence and this meal brought back some wonderful feelings and memories of my time living there. To me a really wonderful meal is an emotional experience and this definitely did that for me. I would go again in a heartbeat!

• Visited August 2012
Montezuma, Costa Rica
“Awesome little restaurant right on the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

I got the steak with red wine sauce and it forever changed my life for the better. The waitstaff was super helpful and full of info about the menu. The atmosphere is off the charts amazing. Best ambiance in Montezuma.

Montezuma, Costa Rica
“The most popular restaurant in Montezuma”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I live in Montezuma, and Cocolores is the most popular restaurant here with toursists for good reason... the food is amazing. Travelers who discover Cocolores often come back again and again. It's under-rated on Trip Advisor. Try the "Curry Banano Fish" ... it's truly divine.

Visited August 2012
Redondo Beach
“Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

This restaurant is only open 5-11pm. I had the garlic shrimp with mashed potatoes. So yummy! The shrimp was huge and I ended up not being able to eat all of it. The staff was friendly. It was clean and a beautfully hidden evening dining area at the beach

Visited September 2012