“Spider monkeys” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Bakery Cafe

The Bakery Cafe
Despues Del Centro de Montezuma, Hacia la Playa, Lado Izquierda, Montezuma, Costa Rica
26420186
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Bonsall, California
“Spider monkeys”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The food and juices were fresh and refreshing> I believe this is were we saw the antics of the spider monkeys in the bakery's garden.

Visited September 2011

Great Neck, New York
“stay away from baked goods”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

It's not really fair of me to rate this restaurant as I did need not eat there but I feel I must let you know why. We were looking for a place to get dessert one night and figured what could be bad about a place called The Bakery Cafe? Well we went inside to look at the desserts in the glass case and I saw something very small moving around the doughnuts, then saw even more around the other desserts- lots of tiny bugs, maybe ants, crawling all over. Needless to say we ran out and instead opted for the gelato down the block. I know its hot there and just because of the location near the beach there might be more bugs than usual, but then have a refrigerated case that seals. I'm sure the food may be good but I wasn't about to find out!!!

Visited July 2012
Carrboro, NC
“Good, inexpensive coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

There were so many choices to eat in Montezuma that we only had coffee here, but it was very good and very reasonable. The menu looked like it had good vegan choices as well. We did see capuchin monkeys here our first night in Montezuma.

• Visited June 2012
Riverside, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great location but Pricey!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

One pancake is 6dollars.. french toast is the same and u get like 5 small hunks or french toast.. you cant get like a typical breakfast combo u have to buy everything separate and it gets expensive quick. BUT the location is awesome! A lot of people said they saw monkeys there I just was not so lucky to see one! I did see some cool birds tho. As an experience eating here was cool but the price and flavor wasnt compatable..

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Good Batidos and Baked Goods!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We had been driving our quad from Mal Pais to Montezuma to do some shopping and were getting a little hungry in the mid afternoon. So we asked a local woman selling jewelry where we could get the best batido (fresh fruit smoothie) in town. She pointed to the local bakery. So that is where we went. My husband's mouth started watering as soon as he saw the case of baked goods. He set his eyes on a piece of chocolate pie - it was his as soon as he saw it. My daughter and I both just got plain crossaints - these were ok - as I think they heated them in the microwave, which probably would have been better if they hadn't done this. My husband loved his piece of pie. I had a pineapple batido, my daughter had a mango one and my husband had a chocolate banana one. They were all very delicious!

• Visited June 2012