The place was nice, cute, staff was nice at first, until we had problems.
When we got to our room we were missing part of the coffee machine, and safe-instructions, had to call them for it..
Anyways, I was reading in bed at night and heard something shuffling by my head, I turn and look and its a big scorpion, feet away from my head. NOT comforting!!!
So I catch it, and release it outside in the forest.
Now we are not going to sleep well, so we start looking around, LOTS OF SCORPIONS EVERYWHERE!
There was a monther-scorpion with babies on her back on the ceilling,
another scorpion under furniture, lots of spider webs and spiders.
We decided we wanted to leave early, we complained about all the critters, and they just said 'oh' and wouldn't let us out of paying for the last night which we weren't going to stay.
So we leave, are driving, and decide we need something out of our luggage.
We pull over, pop the trunk, I pull out a piece of luggage, open it, and ANOTHER SCORPION had hitched a ride in our luggage, FROM LOS PINOS!
When the scorpion saw me, it hid in the clothes in the luggage. So All i could do was zip up and close the bag, until we made it to our next destination.
We ended up having to empty all our luggage/bags, go through our cloths one by one until we found the scorpion and set it free.
TOO MANY SCORPIONS IN OUR ROOM!!!
Part of the problem is that ALL windows DONT HAVE SCREENS! yes its nice that there are no mosquitos at that altitude, but there are lots of scorpions coming into the room.
The fact that staff wouldn't let us not-pay for that extra day, is messed up. You are so lucky i'm not a little girl or granny, i caught and released the scorpions, but if you kept the rooms cleaner, and put screens on the windows, it wouldn't be a problem.
and if you don't like critters, DONT STAY HERE!!!
-Scared, ps, i have pictures to prove everything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in an amazing ecotourism destination between the Santa Elena and Monteverde Reserve, our comfortable cabanas provide easy access to all that this area has to offer including hiking, horseback riding, canopy tours, suspension bridges, frog ponds, butterfly gardens and the opportunity to view the flora and fauna of this unique, Monteverde climate. After a day’s adventures we invite you to relax in our beautiful gardens and enjoy a cup of coffee in our fully furnished cabins. Enjoy Monteverde Cloud Forest nature lodging at its best! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, T4B, Venere, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Los Pinos - Cabanas y Jardines reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Pinos - Cabanas y Jardines Hotel Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve
- Los Pinos - Cabanas y Jardines Monteverde, Costa Rica