“Sky Tram, Sky Trek, Sky Walk” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Bridges, Scenic/ Historic Walking Areas, Landmarks
More attraction details
Owner description: Half way between the town of Santa Elena and the Santa Elena Preserve the Sky Walk is located: This complex use trails, suspension bridges for a more tranquil introduction to the ecology and natives of the forest canopy, constructed within the cloud forest. It allows a vision of the forest from a different perspective which starts with a walk on the ground taking you up to explore the treetops, a hardly discovered habitat, called the “canopy” with a naturalist guide. Also discover the night wildlife at our Sky Walk Night Tour.
Freeport, Maine
“Sky Tram, Sky Trek, Sky Walk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We had reservations for 10:30am but showed up about 1 hour earlier becaue we knew that roads are very slow going. They put us right into the next zip line group that was taking place in 15 minutes. This place is very safe. they provide you with a very good harness, double strap system, braking t-handle, helmet and gloves. they make it clear that once you start you only have 2 options to back out if you dont like it; the first is after the practice run and the second is after the second line where you can take the tram back down. They start you with instruction/demonstration and then a short practice zipline. We were a family of 5 and they made sure to keep us together as went on the lines. Our youngest daughter (12) had to tandem with me a few times on longer runs to make sure that she would get to the end since she is so light. The guides are fun, freindly and always make you feel safe. You do have to climb sets of stairs to get to the platforms for the first few but again always safe. The longest line is about 1/2 mile and the fastest gets you to about 45mph. Although their system has the braking option in the t-handle we never had to use it. I highly recommend this place for anyone. We made similar comments in their guest book and my 14 yo daugther also added a comment that they continue to keep hiring 'cute' guides. we all had a blast.

Visited April 2013

Faringdon, Oxfordshire, UK
3 attraction reviews
“Don't miss a Hanging Bridge Walk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This one was excellent but even if you can't make it to this one, go to one of them. The opportunity to walk at the canopy level is not to be missed - seeing howler monkeys at eye level was amazing.

Redhill, United Kingdom
“Very crowded”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was the least successful of the four visits to reserves in Costa Rica.. lots of tourists. It was more like a holiday park. Guide was not good.. Didn't ensure that the group was together and could hear. Saw very few birds. Not really surprised as it was so noisy. Reptiles were in glass tanks.

I don't think people come so much for the wildlife as for the zip-wiring. My husband did this and enjoyed it. The staff at the café were really good. Happy to feed us just as they were closing as my husband was delayed on the zip-lining.

5 attraction reviews
“Cool experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is a neat thing to do while in Monteverde. Even though it was raining during our hike and we saw no animals at all, being in the dense cloud forest and walking along the suspension bridges was exciting. It was a beautiful and unique experience.

100 Mile House, Canada
“Professional, safe & well priced.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

They treated my children and my family very well. I was incredibly nervous and after about 4 platforms I finally felt better. I was happy to have 5 more lines to do or I would have been nervous and not relaxed at the end.

I did not see any other company and have never zip lined before, however, I would return with this company as they were very professional, well staffed and the experience was on top of this world!