“a must see” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Monteverde Cloud Forest Biological Reserve

Monteverde Cloud Forest Biological Reserve
35 km (22 mi) southeast of Tilaran | 167 km (104 mi) northwest of San Jose, Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve 55-5655, Costa Rica
2645-5123
Website
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Viator
Top Rated
$135*
and up
Monteverde Cloud Forest and Butterfly Garden from...
Chicago, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“a must see”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Simply beautiful. Words can't describe the beauty - you have to see it for yourself, experience it. Bring binoculars to see all all the varieties of wildlife especially the birds. Don't miss the hummingbird garden.

Visited November 2012

Houston, Texas
5 attraction reviews
“Wish I had spent more time here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

First and Second groth forest, in the clouds. I only got to cover a very small portion of the reserve due to scheduling. in around 3 hours picked up ~15 Life Birds. Whish I had more time. George, our guide was patient with an old man who pushed a desk instead of a trecking stick.

Visited December 2012
Calgary
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fulfilling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My 12 year old son and I signed up for the early morning birding tour, this was well worth it! Our guide was incredibly knowledgeable, and we learned and saw so much! 6 hours of somebody talking to us and showing us the bird life - incredible. The forest itself is, of course, incredible also, and well worth a visit even without the bird tour, especially if you're not so enthusiastic about birds that you would get up to start a tour at 6:00 a.m......

Visited May 2012
Melbourne, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

I did this walk and had practically the whole place to myself! I timed it along the skywalks so I wasn't close to any tour groups. It was so peaceful. I didn't see a lot of animals though. My friends did the night walk and saw loads of wildlife so maybe that's a better option. Great anyway. Bring a raincoat because it gets chilly!

New York City, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A Fantastic Hike”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We had a great time on our 2-hour hike through the reserve. Some portions were very steep, but seeing the forest and the flowers and the critters was amazing. This is really not to be missed. We didn't take a guide, because we had already done a night tour and another trek the day before, but the guides we passed along our route seemed great. I'd recommend getting one, because if you don't know what you're looking at, you'll miss a lot!

Visited December 2012