“Food was fantastic, extremely friendly service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurante Tico y Rico Monteverde

Restaurante Tico y Rico Monteverde
Santa Elena, Monteverde, Puntarenas | Santa Elena, Across From the Sky Adventures Office, Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve 60109, Costa Rica
+506 8320 5666
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Costa Rican, International, Central American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet
Description: We are located in the heart of Santa Elena down town, across from the Sky Adventures Offoce, right on the wide bricked main street. We focus on serving typical dishes, including the Costa Rican famous casados and gallo pinto. We give each customer a real typical experience, great taste, spices and flavors. We also serve pastas, meats, seafood at an excellent price.
Tucson, Arizona
“Food was fantastic, extremely friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We just recently visited Costa Rica and this was a restaurant the tour guide recommended - the food was fantastic. I had bacon-wrapped chicken medallions in a creamy white sauce with vegetables and garlic mashed potatoes, while the boyfriend had the beef (steak filet I believe) with a red wine sauce, both were great and one of the best meals of the trip! The staff was also extremely friendly and very hospitable, made for a great atmosphere and pleasant meal.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Nashua, New Hampshire
“More delicious Tico food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

When I choose to pay for breakfast instead of eating free at the hotel, something is amiss. Tico y Rico made it well worthwhile. The decor was nothing to write home about, but the food was very good and reasonably priced. We recommend this restaurant.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rogers, Minnesota
“Tico Y Rico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I came to Costa Rica on a tour, Costa Rican Monkey Tours, and one night after we had toured Monte Verde, we stopped at this restaurant for diner. I had a very good experience. I was getting tired of the typical Costa Rican food so I order the filet mignon. I was pleasantly surprised. I order stake all the time and I am very particular. I always order medium well and had kind of expected it to not be cooked correctly but I was wrong. I am currently 6 days into my trip and it is by far the best meal I have had. I always wonder if people writing these are the owners of the company when they get this good of a review but I can assure you I am not.

Visited November 2012
Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve, Costa Rica
“Simply delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Serves both tico and international dishes. Although a bit pricey, you get your money's worth. We had the asparagus soup, the vegetarian fajitas (which actually was a veggie grill served on tortillas) and a veggi spagetti. Spagetti would sound modest, but you should reconsider that word after you taste it here:)
Would definitely go there tonite for the desserts!

Visited November 2012
Niagara Peninsula, ON
“Yum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We had the fajitas and nachos and they were both good! The Nachos are not traditional, though, they come as a bowl of pureed beans, meat and pizza sauce with cheese on top. I really liked them!

Visited October 2012