“An Amazing Experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hidden Canopy Treehouses Boutique Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve
Hidden Canopy Treehouses Boutique Hotel
Save Saved
You added Hidden Canopy Treehouses Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
300m este del cruce Camino Sky Trek | Santa Elena, Monteverde, Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve, Costa Rica   |
Announcement
Closed: Sept.16 to Nov.6
Canby, Minnesota
“An Amazing Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband and I spent 3 nights of our honeymoon in the Glade treehouse in Febrauary, and it was my favorite part of our trip! The scenery was beautiful and the accommodations were just as wonderful. Glade was secluded, quite (except for the foraging coatis passing by) and perfect for us. The room was clean and spacious with lovely, unique decor. Very cozy.
We arrived after dark for check in and Jen and staff were genuinely happy to see us. I recommend renting a GPS along with your vehicle if at all possible and doing your best to arrive before dark. We are from a rural area with gravel roads which made us more comfortable driving in this area, but if you are more accustomed to paved roads and city driving, it may take time to get used to driving here. Also, the scenery along the drive is beautiful and not to be missed!
The staff was very warm and willing to please as the service here was excellent. I would recommend learning some basic Spanish if you do not speak it already. The staff is eager to speak English, and some do very well, but a little attempt at Spanish may go a long way.
The breakfasts were very good with tasty fresh fruit and eggs made to order among other baked goodies and sides. Also, evening tea time was so much fun and the sunset was breathtaking. The atmosphere at the main house was perfect; open to chatting with others or enjoying your own company. The wine, sangria and treats were very good as well.
During our visit we toured the Cafe San Luis farm. This was recommended by Jen and they were so flexible! The tour was very interesting and our guide was incredibly knowledgeable and eager to share. It was a truly unique experience recommended to everyone! We also did the Original Canopy Zipline Tour and recommend it too! The rest of the time we relaxed and enjoyed our amazing surroundings. There were plenty of hiking and nature preserves to visit in the area as well, and the staff was very good at recommendations.
An additional note in regard to evening dinner - During tea time, we were asked our dinner plans. At this time we could let them know if we needed transportation or if we planned to order in. We chose to order in and tried all the available restaurants. Our meals were so good! Delivered to us hot and it was a very relaxed way to end the day.
Our overall experience was amazing. A great value too. I hope to come here and to the area again and would highly recommend Hidden Canopy!!

Room Tip: Book early! We had a pretty good selection and booked 4 months in advance.

515 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Castle Rock, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Had a great stay at Hidden Canopy. Great vibe, great staff, great breakfast and beautiful rooms and common areas. Natalie and Jen were great at helping us set up activities and arranging for food to be brought in for dinner. (Morphos was great, btw.). We had a Clouds room and it was awesome...highly recommend it. I actually think it had a better view than the treehouse rooms. Lots of birds hang around the feeders outside, so it's a perfect choice for birders! And the best part was the "Tea Time"...great meeting the other guests for adult beverages in the evenings. It was a priority every day to be back by 5p so we would miss the great appetizers and drinks served every night. We especially enjoyed Gio who was very helpful with our bags, food drinks, etc., etc. Lots of cats here, so if you're not a cat person, you're probably not gonna be crazy about this place. Highly, highly recommended!!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I spent three nights in the Rising Sun treehouse in mid-February. When we arrived, Jenn was out of town visiting her father in the hospital. We were greeted and had our orientation with Natalia, who is the sweetest and made us feel very special right from the beginning. The sunset happy hours were definitely a highlight. We enjoyed sharing experiences with the other guests. In fact, on our last night in Hidden Valley, we went out to dinner with two other couples to Sophias and had a wonderful time. Jenn did return for the weekend and was a fantastic host. She made it a point to personally get to know each of the guests. My birthday was during our stay, so during happy hour, the staff surprised us with chocolate chip bars (amazing) and ice cream, complete with birthday candles. One of the mornings I was not feeling well (stomach issues) and Jenn instructed her staff to make me a breakfast of plain oatmeal and a special smoothie drink. We went on a tour with Olman to Curi-Cancha. Olman was a fantastic and knowledgable guide and went out of his way to arrange for us to stop at Stella's for lunch and then transportation to San Luis waterfall afterwards. There are a few recommendations about the Rising Sun treehouse that I'd like to pass along. As others have stated, it does get chilly in there, even with the little space heater. It would be a nice touch to include a robe in the treehouse, because I was always freezing getting out of the shower. I showered in the evening, and often ran out of hot water. I also thought it would be nice to include kleenex in the room. When we left Hidden Canopy to travel to Arenal, Jenn gave us her business card, complete with her cell number and told us to call her anytime. Thank you Jenn for a fantastic and memorable time!

Room Tip: I would stay in the room with the jacuzzi if I had a choice.
Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Each time we visit we can't wait to come back. Jen and her staff are warm, attentive and just a pleasure to be around. Of course this reflects Jen's attitude and her training folks to continue doing their best for her guests. The tree houses are private, spectacular and immaculate. Of all the places we have visited over the last several years this is the best. Do not miss this place on any visit to Costa Rica.

Room Tip: Go for a treehouse and let Jen or her staff help you make the right selection.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lititz, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

The Hidden Canopy Treehouse Boutique Hotel was SO AWESOME! The people there treated you like royalty, and the breakfast is making me drool just thinking about it! I was sore from a horseback ride earlier in the day, they called in the owner (Jen's) private massage therapist for me. I - of course - had to pay for that, but the price was very reasonable (half the cost of a hotel's spa massage).

Before we arrived we had booked the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve, which was nice, but we heard that there's a private reserve that you can see more birds/animals in, right next to the one we went to. In fact, another couple from Hidden Canopy went to the private reserve on the same day and saw the male and female Quetzel! And we did not see it at all, so ask the people at Hidden Canopy to get you in for the private reserve tour.

One small downside was that I was FREEZING cold the first night we stayed there. Guests in the Glade treehouse have to use a portable heater. Maybe it was user error, but I was really really cold. It would be great to give each guests slippers that stay in that tree house!

Room Tip: If I go back, I would love to book the treehouse with the jacuzzi tub!
Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed 2 night in Rising Sun Tree House. We so loved it!!!! Jen and her entire staff are so amazing. They are all so kind and welcoming. They go above and beyond to make sure you have a memorable experience. The only place to stay in Monteverde!!

Thanks Jen,
Miss you all already

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The treehouses are beautiful and the property is gorgeous. The owner has a personality and a half and does everything she can to make your stay wonderful. If I had to criticize (and because this is a review, I guess I have to), I would have to say that despite a portable heater, our treehouse was cold (I come from northern climes and am used to the cold -- so when I say our treehouse was cold, I mean it!). The breakfasts are wonderful and both of the private guides are terrific. The staff can't do enough for you. I'd come back here in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Ask for a treehouse that's on the warm side.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hidden Canopy Treehouses Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!