I chose Mariposa because of all the positive feedback I read on Trip Advisor but my partner and I were greatly disappointed.
We had just gotten back from Drake Bay on the Osa Peninsula where for $55.00 a night, we had a very romantic bangalow overlooking the jungle, which included a menu where you could choose a variety of breakfast items. We had a deck, a couple of hammocks, a huge beautiful bathroom, etc....
When we arrived at Mariposa, we were checked in by a 12 year old child who gave us a key. The cabin was very basic,all material used very cheap with no charm whatsover. My boyfriend wanted to take a shower but the water never warmed up; I run to the office where I was told that you had to let the shower run very slowly at first in order to get warm water; of course, it would have been helpful to be told that fact when we first checked in.
Breakfast was very basic, either 3 pancakes or a couple of scrambled eggs with 2 pieces of toast; I had to get up to ask for another cup of coffee.
I read that the family who owns the place is very friendly and helpful but we never expereienced that.
I wouldn't stay there again,
We stayed at Arenal in a youth hostel and had a wonderul experience compared to Mariposa; the 2 days stay was very impersonal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is located at only 1.5 km or 1 mile from the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Mariposa Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mariposa Hotel Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve
- Mariposa Bed And Breakfast
- Mariposa Bed & Breakfast Monteverde, Costa Rica