We too stumbled upon this place. We had rented a house in the area, but the house had problems and we needed to find another place fast. We were traveling with our kids and rented two rooms. Each room was a bargain rate of $40 and each had a queen bed, twin bed and private bath. The two rooms were the only rooms entering off a large common area that we had to ourselves. There were other rooms for rent in other cottages on the property including a 2 bedroom that would be great for a family. The owner did our laundry for us for a bargain rate too! The owner spoke limited English but her son, who was on the premises at all times, spoke excellent English and helped us (we don't speak Spanish). The owner took a lot of pride in the establishment. It was spotlessly clean. Breakfast, cooked to order, included the best pancakes I have ever eaten. I highly recommend this if you are looking for a safe, clean affordable place to stay with a family. The location is near the park and directly across the street from Hotel Fonda Vela. We were able to walk to the hotel for dinner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is located at only 1.5 km or 1 mile from the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Mariposa Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mariposa Hotel Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve
- Mariposa Bed And Breakfast
- Mariposa Bed & Breakfast Monteverde, Costa Rica