We spent three very nice days in Manuel Antonio, staying at Villa Lirio Hotel. This is a boutique, 22 rooms hotel, around a very exuberant landscaped garden, with a nice (although cold) swimming pool in the center.
We got breakfast in the pretty, tropical style restaurant, it was good although the service was a bit disorganized. It includes rice, beans, eggs and bacon with a toast, cooked fresh for every gust, instead of the typical buffet style, which I find a bit cheesy. They also serve tropical fruits, ham and cheese and juice.
Front desk employees were always very nice and warm, although some times their information was not 100% accurate (like saying that you cannot leave the Manuel Antonio Park and get in again later, or how often the public bus runs).
They organized the tour to the park for us in a very easy and efficient way, they always gave us fresh beach towels, etc.
The room was huge and very comfortable, with a nice patio outside to sit down and read.
The kids enjoyed playing ping pong next to the pool every time they wanted, while we relaxed on very comfortable lounge chairs by the pool.
The only con: the room smelled like insecticide all during our stay, and a bit moldy (of course we were in the middle of the CR forest).
Also, one of the fan ceilings was out of order, and they never got the motor to repair it.
You can take a taxis to the town of Quepos cost 5 dollars (be careful, if they realize you are American and don't speak Spanish the driver will try to charge 10!!) and 4 dollars to Manuel Antonio Park. There are always taxis available outside the hotel.
Nevertheless, if you want to save some bucks, you can take the public bus for just 50 cents per person, it stops 70 meters from the hotel and runs every 15-20 minutes. (it is a bit crowded during peak hours though).
We did not go with car, but I found the parking area inside the hotel a bit crowded and disorganized.
The hotel has a security guy standing outside the hotel all the time, which gives a feeling of security.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Lirio Hotel
- Villas Lirio Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- BEST WESTERN Hotel Villas Lirio Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape from it all! Tropical gardens adorning two crystalline pools. Villas Lirio offers 12 rooms with two queen-size beds and 12 rooms with a single queen bed. There are also 2 fully-equipped suites. The hotel offers restaurant service. Each room is tastefully decorated with queen-size beds, ceiling fans, air conditioning and private bathrooms with hot water. The area of Manuel Antonio/Quepos offers plenty of activities, including snorkeling, surfing, rafting, nature hikes, mangrove tours, sport fishing, and is known for its hot nightlife and excellent restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HostelBookers and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Hotel Villas Lirio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.