and 1 more site!
You added Arenas del Mar Beachfront and Rainforest Resort, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica to your Saves list
Arenas del Mar Beachfront and Rainforest Resort, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Punta Quepos, Manuel Antonio National Park 311-6350, Costa Rica   |
Offers & Announcements
Stay 5 - pay 4
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
UK
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Arenas is in one of the more built up areas of Costa Rica and one that we nearly avoided because we wanted to be more off the beaten track. That would have been a real mistake because the area has such a lot to see.
The hotel is set in forest grounds. We saw a mother sloth with her baby at eye level, porcupine, armadillo and lots more. Being on a very steep hill you travel around the hotel in golf carts and the drivers stop to point out anything interesting.
The contemporary style of the room blocks wasn’t to my taste but the rooms were comfortable and well fitted. Free international calls from the room were a bonus.
There are two restaurants, we only used the main one and the food there was good. There are a lot of fish dishes and the rest of the menu was a bit limited.
We visited the national park and although there were lots of people visiting we saw more wildlife here that at any other place in Costa Rica. It is worth going with a guide carrying a scope so that you can see high into the trees. The hotel can make arrangements for this and other trips.
We walked along the beach to the local town and had a nice meal in one of the local cafes. The area is mainly cafes and low quality souvenir stalls.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
Hewitt, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Arenas del Mar is hands down the best beach resort in Costa Rica(maybe even the world). I have been to Arenas del Mar 3 times now and I can't wait to go back. The staff are so friendly and fun to talk to, very attentive and willing to go the extra mile for their guests. The resort is beautiful and well kept. The views cannot be beat and while relaxing on the beach you are sure to see the wildlife passing through the resort. Monkeys, tucans, iguanas and sloths are a few of animals you will encounter. If you visit Costa Rica this place is a must!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Arenas del Mar is a wonderful hotel. The rooms are expensive, but once you've paid, they don't try and get more money out of you by over charging for meals, or transport, so we appreciated that. The setting is out of Pirates of the Caribbean, the food is fabulous, the views to die for and the gardens like a wildlife park. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Any one with a view of the sea.
Green Features: Seemed pretty good, there was grey water used and the food was local and organic.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Where can I even begin? Never have I had a hotel experience that came ANYTHING close to our stay at Arenas Del Mar. I traveled with my husband, two young children and parents, and we all had an incredible time. The hotel is an experience of its own. Surrounded by more beauty than I have ever seen- with the forrest and beach right there- and incredible people who work there.

The property is breathtaking. The two pools are the perfect temperature and you can see the ocean from both. We stayed in a connecting room with my parents and loved the tub on the huge balcony. It was fantastic.

They make everything so unbelievably easy. Although the property is spread out, there are always carts available. They are extremely helpful booking any reservations for activities or meals. But it is so much more than that. The people at Arenas Del Mar truly make you feel at home and work so hard to make your stay beyond amazing. They give unbelievably personalized service, and remembered all our needs throughout our stay, many before we realized we needed them. They take a certain responsibility for their guests vacation, even when not at the hotel.

From the moment I inquired about a stay, the service was impeccable. Natalia answered my (many questions) so patiently and insured our transportation and room were perfect. My four year old felt sad to leave his new friends. Everyone from the absolutely wonderful tour guides, to their front desk staff, kitchen staff, managers and everyone else is so welcoming and warm. They are a big part of the experience. It is not only the guest services and concierge that is helpful and friendly, but every person who works there. Gorman, Luis, and Bryan in the restaurant always stopped to say hello to us and our kids. Rodbin one of the managers helped with any problems we had, and even picked something up at the pharmacy for me when I mentioned I had some allergies there. Cindy and Heiner were always cheerful, helpful and so accommodating. It was truly amazing. And we really enjoyed getting to know them.

The breakfast is absolutely delicious. There isn't a bad thing on the menu, and they serve interesting fruits and juices every morning. The restaurant is pricey but the food is good. Not much more than most of the much less impressive restaurants in the area.

I went the spa on Mother's Day and the view is gorgeous there. I got a fantastic deep tissue massage from Priscilla and she, like everyone else was so nice and interesting to talk with.

They also have their own guides for both the property and the park. We took the tortilla tour with Anya, which was very fun for everyone. We also did the sunset tour with Berny, who won a special place in my sons heart as well as the rest of our family. He was so kind and warm to the kids and our family. My son was so excited every time he saw many of the staff, especially Berny! They all took the time to show anyone who was around animals they spotted even when not on a tour. We loved that the staff never grew tired of seeing the wildlife and always seemed excited to see a sloth or monkey.

I knew Costa Rica would be incredible and Manuel Antonio was a beautiful place. Never did I think the hotel would be such an experience of it's own. The people of Costa Rica are very special, and Arenas Del Mar is the best of the best. I felt like a kid leaving my favorite summer camp. We don't normally return to the same place, but we are already dreaming of our next trip to Arenas Del Mar.

Stayed May 2015
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

First off the staff here is FABULOUS!! Attentive and personable!

We were in 403A...best room in the resort (honeymoon for us)!! The wild life we got to see was great! Close to MA...took a nature walk there... Recommend it. We had a monkey on the balcony next to us looking for food. The silliest thing you'd EVER see! We was literally jumping on the ottoman!

The private beach is beautiful but it is NOT the best idea to go deep in the water. There are rocks under there....depending on the tide (which changes drastically), you may not see them and get hurt. Easy to get to the public beach, just know you are going there BEFORE deciding to go to the private beach. Completely opposite directions.

If at all possible, arrive during the day! The road going down to the resort is steep and windy.

Room Tip: 403A overlooks the public AND private beach
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My grandmother and I spent the tail end of our Costa Rican adventure in Manuel Antonio. We could not have been more pleased with the hotel. EVERYTHING from the staff, food, views, were perfect. The staff was so friendly and it was obvious that they genuinely wanted you to enjoy your stay. The food was amazing. The grounds have two restaurants and both are fabulous with very helpful staff. The grounds that the hotel is located on was my favorite part. The scenery was so lush and was a perfect mix between a tropical rainforest setting and a beach. I loved that the hotel had an easy access point to the public beach but also a perfect private beach. The private beach was my favorite aspect. You are making a huuuuuge mistake if you visit Manuel Antonio and do not stay at Arenas del Mar.

Room Tip: Room 403 A was the best view I have ever experienced in my life.
Green Features: They are huge on recycling and it is evident in the way they perform their day to day tasks. Many of the everyday items, such as straws, have been reformulated into an eco-friendly material. (The straws are made of organic bamboo).
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My mother and I stayed at Arenas del Mar in mid May 2015 and had an absolutely wonderful time. It was such a difficult decision deciding where to stay in Manuel Antonio and I have to say that I think we made the right call. We chose an Ocean View Premium Suite (703A) with a jacuzzi on the balcony and a view overlooking the national park. It was absolutely wonderful and we are already eager to go back, which is saying something! In addition to the wonderful view, the service at the hotel was exceptional... each member of the team made us feel genuinely welcome. Further, each day was filled with exciting animal sightings... our first night we say a troop of howler monkeys right above our head outside hotel reception, our second night we saw a sloth sitting in the tree right above the dinner table, and throughout our stay we saw many iguanas, agoutis, and halloween crabs :o)

Room Tip: Ocean View Premium Suite... Pricey but worth it
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Been to Arenas del Mar Beachfront and Rainforest Resort, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Arenas del Mar Beachfront and Rainforest Resort, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

Address: Punta Quepos, Manuel Antonio National Park 311-6350, Costa Rica
Location: Costa Rica > Province of Puntarenas > Manuel Antonio National Park
Bar / Lounge Beach Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#1 Spa Hotel in Manuel Antonio National Park
#1 Green Hotel in Manuel Antonio National Park
#1 Luxury Hotel in Manuel Antonio National Park
#1 Top resorts Hotel in Manuel Antonio National Park
#2 On the Beach Hotel in Manuel Antonio National Park
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:4.5 star — Arenas del Mar Beachfront and Rainforest Resort, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica 4.5*
Located within walking distance of Manuel Antonio National Park, Arenas Del Mar is an extraordinary beachfront and rainforest resort catering to travelers looking for more than the typical luxury hotel experience. Stunning, luxurious, and sustainable, this hotel has 38 rooms with exclusive beach and nature views as it is nestled in eleven acres of rainforest with private trails and two tree-shaded white sand beaches. Unique among the hotels in Manuel Antonio, our carbon neutral property offers sustainable, luxurious lodging—the first Costa Rican luxury hotel to be awarded the Five Sustainability Leaf Award and a Five Star Award. Arenas Del Mar is the perfect base for exploring on your Manuel Antonio vacation. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Arenas del Mar Beachfront and Rainforest Resort, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Arenas Del Mar Beachfront And Rainforest Resort, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica Manuel Antonio National Park

If you own or manage Arenas del Mar Beachfront and Rainforest Resort, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.