Save Saved
You added Arenas del Mar Beachfront and Rainforest Resort, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica to your Saves list
Arenas del Mar Beachfront and Rainforest Resort, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Punta Quepos, Manuel Antonio National Park 311-6350, Costa Rica   |
Special Offer
Green Season Value
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful and beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Our final destination for our honeymoon this was perfection - an idyllic location on the hill-top with two beaches, a mere beach walk from Manuel Antonio Reserve (or car ride if you prefer), plenty to see in the grounds with Squirrel Monkeys, Sloths, Iguanas etc.

Our room on the first floor of building 6 had a beautiful ocean view and private balcony with free Tico Snacks!

The grounds are hilly, perfect for a bracing walk or use the golf-carts driven by the fantastic staff.

No problem was too big or too small. Everything worked around us - excellent! Food was lovely, as was learning to make tortillas. Well done!

980 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We have stayed at many hotels around the world and Arenas has the best service I have ever had. A golf cart takes you anywhere on the hotel grounds. The night prior to checking out we spoke to Ariel, one of the employees, if we can have breakfast at 6:00 am. The kitchen only opens at 7:00 but he made it happen. He took our orders the night before. We had fresh fruit, fresh juice, coffee, tea, eggs.... everything!!! We stayed in a suite overlooking the ocean. Sunrise was an awesome experience. the hotel has 2 beaches.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cayuga S, Manager at Arenas del Mar Beachfront and Rainforest Resort, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Hammy333,
greetings from Manuel Antonio in Costa Rica. Thank you for taking the time to share your service experience at Arenas del Mar on Tripadvisor. Our staff gets very excited to receive this kind of feedback and they provide this service to our guest "con mucho gusto" (with a lot of pleasure). While we have a great rain forest location and are privileged to have direct access to two beautiful beaches from our resort, we understand that it all comes down to service. We hope that you will become of our many repeat guests and that we can welcome you again with us real soon.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is a special place to stay. The rooms are so beautiful. The property is peaceful. You feel a million miles away from whatever you were hoping to get away from. The staff was kind, caring, and very great at their jobs. In the past when we went to Costa Rica, we would run around every where. This place you don't want to leave. The decks on the rooms with whirlpool tubs are amazing. Plus the food is really great. And we developed a bit of an addiction to the monkey business :). The drinks are so good. They have beds on the pretty much private beach. The other beach you can surf at. A lot of wild life to be seen on the property if you take some time to explore.
The hotel may seem pricey compared to other places. But you get what you pay for. This place was one of the nicest I have experienced in my travels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Stuart, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I slept great EVERY night, this bed was one of my top 3 ever!!!! The staff was great, breakfast was fabulous (included), the resort was top notch!!! My only complaint was the drive from the road to the resort! I did not like that drive at all; I understand it's quite a hill, but it could be smoothed out rather than being a "drop off" from the road. Everyone at this resort really cared about us! Liset (?) in the gift shop was sooo patient, caring, and sweet; she spent a lot of time with me until I found just the right shirts, souvenirs, and CD. The parking pavilion could use some ceiling fans, but the staff there was very attentive, they even noticed my husband forgot to put on proper shoes for our zip line tour, which allowed him time to go back and change before our guide arrived.

We arranged all tours through the resort, which made it very easy on us. They also offer some activities there which I wish I had had time to do. The wait staff was great, they were timely and attentive. The rooms were very very clean. It was nice being in the rainforest, and on the beach, plus there's two pools on the property.

I would HIGHLY recommend this resort; it was our introduction to Costa Rica, and probably couldn't have been better!!

Atlantis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My spouse and son and I shared a Garden Superior room for four nights.
ROOM: spacious, well-appointed, quiet, clean. Peaceful and alluring environment!
FACILITIES: beautiful tropical-setting lobby, bar, pool and restaurant, surrounded by forest and the Pacific Ocean. Restaurant elegant but informal, fine food with both traditional and fusion menu choices.
HOTEL STAFF: professional, complete, warm, aiming to please. The even have on-site naturalists to explain what you see on the grounds.
LOCATION: two idyllic beaches and lush rain forest. I loved to hike the short trail through the forest. I saw almost the same kinds of wildlife (monkeys, sloths, snakes, birds, iguanas) on the resort's property as I did on a guided tour of the neighboring Manuel Antonio National Park.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband surprisingly picked this hotel for me and my little one to stay in.. Upon arrival the staff was very helpful towards getting us into our rooms since we had taken a long 4 hr bus ride. We had a perfect view of the ocean, the patio was very cozy and the bed was perfect. Lets just say, we slept well. Early morning I ordered room service and the presentation made us feel special and I was happy to see my child eat "ALL" his food since he is extremely picky! A Plus! The staff suggested a child friendly beach for my little one and drove us their, 2 mins. It was perfect. Overall, the staff has been very catering to us especially my little one. The food here is very good, their mix drinks were the best I've had. And "The atmosphere was perfect" although there weren't any kids here.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor. The first building next to the front desk/concierge after passing...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Another quiet and peaceful location and from our top floor room we looked out on the Pacific Ocean and south the Manuel Antonio National Park. The grounds are busy with wildlife - white faced capuchins, sloths, Halloween crabs, iguanas and lots of butterflies with frigate birds flying between the shore and the off-shore islands.

Food and service is very good and the rooms are very well appointed in fact it is a place for quite a bit of self indulgence.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Arenas del Mar Beachfront and Rainforest Resort, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Arenas del Mar Beachfront and Rainforest Resort, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

Address: Punta Quepos, Manuel Antonio National Park 311-6350, Costa Rica
Location: Costa Rica > Province of Puntarenas > Manuel Antonio National Park
Bar / Lounge Beach Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#1 Top resorts Hotel in Manuel Antonio National Park
#2 Luxury Hotel in Manuel Antonio National Park
#2 Spa Hotel in Manuel Antonio National Park
#2 On the Beach Hotel in Manuel Antonio National Park
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:4.5 star — Arenas del Mar Beachfront and Rainforest Resort, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica 4.5*
Located within walking distance of Manuel Antonio National Park, Arenas Del Mar is an extraordinary beachfront and rainforest resort catering to travelers looking for more than the typical luxury hotel experience. Stunning, luxurious, and sustainable, this hotel has 38 rooms with exclusive beach and nature views as it is nestled in eleven acres of rainforest with private trails and two tree-shaded white sand beaches. Unique among the hotels in Manuel Antonio, our carbon neutral property offers sustainable, luxurious lodging—the first Costa Rican luxury hotel to be awarded the Five Sustainability Leaf Award and a Five Star Award. Arenas Del Mar is the perfect base for exploring on your Manuel Antonio vacation. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Arenas del Mar Beachfront and Rainforest Resort, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Arenas Del Mar Beachfront And Rainforest Resort, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica Manuel Antonio National Park

If you own or manage Arenas del Mar Beachfront and Rainforest Resort, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.