We just spent 5 nights at the property, and found it to be an outstanding property. If you don't know much about Costa Rica or this property (and we didn't, prior to arrival), here are some points to consider:
* Costa Rica is a really beautiful country, and the area around this hotel (near Manuel Antonio park) is especially impressive--- beautiful area near the coastline, with amazing hill views of the ocean
* the local town (Quepos) is ok but not super interesting; there are however other interesting hotel properties in the area
* Arenas del Mar combines a really pleasant set of buildings (we stayed in Building 1, down by the beach, and it is a great location with an impressive view of the beach, as well as a very luxorious and functional room); we would especially recommend Room 102A--- fantastic view of the ocean, right up on the beach.
* Probably the most noteworthy aspect of Arenas del Mar is the service provided by the staff and the overall attitude--- extremely helpful, very positive and proactive approach, everybody speaks English well. Just as an example, staff members came to find us to tell our 10 and 13 year olds that there were monkeys to be seen up by the main lodge.
* The food at the restaurant is certainly good, but is a bit on the "homestyle" side; the best choices seemed to be the local items (e.g., fish) and Costa Rican recipes. Again, the key aspect is service and outstanding attitude; but if you come here expecting Michelin 1-star quality meals, you will be disappointed,
* There are a number of tours available through the hotel--- your stay will be materially enhanced by taking one or more. We did the zipline (canopy) tour, and while it was fun, I would not recommend it for folks who don't really like heights. We also did a nice walking tour of Manuel Antonio with a nature guide--- really interesting if you like that sort of thing.
Overall, our expectations were met and materially exceeded here. We would happily return (tomorrow). It is a long trip from the east Coast of the U.S.--- basically one full day door to door for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located within walking distance of Manuel Antonio National Park, Arenas Del Mar is an extraordinary beachfront and rainforest resort catering to travelers looking for more than the typical luxury hotel experience. Stunning, luxurious, and sustainable, this hotel has 38 rooms with exclusive beach and nature views as it is nestled in eleven acres of rainforest with private trails and two tree-shaded white sand beaches. Unique among the hotels in Manuel Antonio, our carbon neutral property offers sustainable, luxurious lodging—the first Costa Rican luxury hotel to be awarded the Five Sustainability Leaf Award and a Five Star Award. Arenas Del Mar is the perfect base for exploring on your Manuel Antonio vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Arenas del Mar Beachfront and Rainforest Resort, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenas Del Mar Beachfront And Rainforest Resort, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica Manuel Antonio National Park