“Luxury beach hotel in Manuel Antonio, Arenas del Mar” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Arenas del Mar Beachfront and Rainforest Resort, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

You added Arenas del Mar Beachfront and Rainforest Resort, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica to your Saves list
Arenas del Mar Beachfront and Rainforest Resort, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Punta Quepos, Manuel Antonio National Park 311-6350, Costa Rica   |
Offers & Announcements
Stay four - pay three
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Luxury beach hotel in Manuel Antonio, Arenas del Mar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stayed at Arenas del Mar for a family vacation with our 9 & 12 yr old kids and they weren't bored! Touch down! The beach is great and there are loads of excursions to choose from. The staff was helpful with the kids, especially Ersel,(guide - ask for him). We even got a few Spanish lessons in there during meals! We were a little worried taking our picky kids to a new country with food other than mac & cheese, but they LOVED the food! We adults loved the seafood and I recommend the Sangria!) The room was large enough for the 4 of us without feeling cramped; very well kept up and the beds were really comfortable (though just being away from the computer might be part of that!?) Overall - great family experience - new culture, new animals, new food. The kids are still talking about it...and we know they learned without it feeling like they were learning. We will be coming back and really recommend it to families who are maybe on edge about bringing their kids to a 5* hotel. It is time well spent with family.

Room Tip: Do some of the nature excursions and if you are staying over in San Jose - take a day to do the aeri...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I did lots of research before we booked our Costa Rica vacation...I knew that we wanted a place with a private beach and a view of the ocean. Based on trip advisor reviews we selected Arenas del Mar resort...and I have to say it was an amazing vacation!! This is the most beautiful resort...it really is paradise!! The wonderful staff made our vacation so special...they learned our names and made us feel like family! A special thanks to...Pamela, Danny, Andres, Alan, Kenner, Sergio, Minor and Jason....and this is just a handful of the people that made our vacation amazing!! We stayed 6 nights...and honestly I could have stayed two weeks! Our room was amazing!!! The view was more than we could have hoped for!!! Room 703A was like something out of a movie!!! I am posting pics! Sergio showed us to our room...and while we were checking in and enjoying our welcome drink...the staff had already taken care of our luggage and it was waiting in our room when we got there! This is the way it was the entire trip...they had a way of quietly taking care of any request, cleaning room, turn down service, etc...we never even knew when they were there...it was just taken care of! Each day we had refreshments in our "tico bar" that was all complimentary. The breakfast each morning was so great! We were always greeted by our first names...and we were brought fresh juice, pastries and a choice of many wonderful hot items (french toast, pancakes, burrito, and my favorite was one with a soft cheese tortilla, black beans egg and some sort of local cheese...sort of like huevos ranchero in Texas). Alan was very helpful in our fishing trip details...and helped to ensure that all was planned for our transportation, etc. Andres (head waiter) was wonderful...so nice and helped make our meals very special by making sure that my husband had some local peppers and hot sauce for his meals...just because we had mentioned this once...he remembered and at EVERY meal they had some sort of spicy pepper to bring to the table. The meals were great...we had planned on going out in town for meals...and maybe have one meal at the resort...but we ended up doing the opposite...only having one meal in town and enjoyed all the other meals in the restaurant at the resort!! Lunch on the beach was wonderful! Jason was one of the security at the beach and always would point out wildlife in the trees including sloths and monkeys...he was so kind and had the best personality!!! We really enjoyed the beautiful beach area!!! Happy hour was fun...each night there was something different to enjoy (reggae band one night that was lots of fun to hear, sushi making one night, salsa dancing, jewelry artist visit, etc). It is honestly hard to put into words how great this place is...I usually write a trip advisor report for places we stay...and this time I just can't say enough praises!!! Cesear was the driver that Arenas del Mar set up for us - he picked us up in San Jose and brought us to the resort...and along the way stopped to show us the crocodiles and macaws...he was wonderful!! Such a nice guy! We requested that he would be the one to take us to the airport when we had to leave...and he did...he is a super person!!! So - overall we had a fabulous trip...and we will have wonderful memories of this beautiful rainforest resort and the sweet people that work there! We will return someday soon for another stay for sure!!!! Pura Vida! Page and Jennifer

Room Tip: Room 703A was amazing! View was incredible with a jacuzzi on the balcony!!! Also it is located clo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cayuga S, Manager at Arenas del Mar Beachfront and Rainforest Resort, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Page and Jennifer,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our Beachfront and Rain Forest Resort. Your comments are a great motivation for us and we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Arenas del Mar. Thanks for pointing out all the names of the staff members that made your stay so special. We share this information with them and it is a great joy for them to see their names mentioned on those raving reviews. Your review is a great guidance for future guests so they know what to expect on their vacation. The combination of spectacular Ocean views and the rain forest wildlife combined with the creature comforts of our rooms, restaurants, spa and guided tours are a formula that is hard to beat. We look forward to your next stay with us in Manuel Antonio, hopefully real soon.
Greetings from all the staff at the resort.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed he with a teenage son for 5 nights. My son has food allergies and we prefer less busy hotels.
LIKED - Our suite had two full baths, sofa in sitting area converted to double bed. Large balcony with jacuzzi, view of the beach, surrounded by trees that had monkeys on occasion. Small private sandy beach, could eat lunch and have drinks right along the beach under shady trees. Happy hour each night, turn-down service each night, a/c in rooms, mini fridge stocked with water, soft drinks and snacks each day all complementary, free international calls and wifi. Very friendly staff. Kitchen did it very best to accommodate our food requests. Quiet place for good sleep. Enjoyed some of the evening activities that start at 6:30. A long sandy public beach next door is easily accessible and hotel provides chairs and towels. My son took surfing lessons with Alex and enjoyed it. Loved the ice cream and sea food at the restaurant.
NOT LIKED - two small swimming pools, good for kids but perhaps not for adults. Distance between our room and reception/dining area including 8 minute uphill climb. (Golf carts drive you around on request and we never had to wait more than two minutes.) Food quality could improve for a 5-star hotel. The menu was same all five days. The surf is rough on the private beach and not ideal for young kids. The tours arranged at hotel seemed pricy. There is laundry service but not self-serve washer/drier.

Room Tip: Most rooms will not provide sunrise or sunset view overt the ocean. I would not pay extra for ocean...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Our stay at Arenas del Mar was our first to Costa Rica, and it truly is a special place! We decided to rent a car from San Jose, and had no problems finding the hotel, thanks to our trusty gps. Well worth the extra $12/day! We pulled into the hotel at night, not knowing what to expect, and the friendly staff at the hotel took good care of us. All of the staff we met, from the maintenance people to the concierge, were friendly and helpful, and I always felt they were giving us their best effort. The complimentary breakfast was better than average. It consisted of assorted baked goods, fruit, juice, coffee, plus a hot dish ordered from their menu, about 10-12 selections. One of the best omlettes I've ever tasted! And I thought the dinner menu was better than average as well, especially local dishes like the shredded chicken. The hotel is organized into two groups of rooms, one down by the beach and one close to the main restaurant, bar, and reception area, all connected by steep roads. There are advantages to both areas (walk-out beach with an outdoor restaurant serving lunch versus being close to the main restaurant where they serve breakfast and dinner plus a spectacular view of the ocean and the beach stretching to Manuel Antonion National Park), but the hotel staff make it kind of a moot point, as they take you to and from the two areas in electric carts. Very well-organized! The rooms were great! Clean, well-maintained, comfortable beds, and awesome bathrooms. And we had a huge deck with a microwave, refrigerator, and coffeemaker (the hotel provided Costa Rican coffee), overlooking the Pacific. Pretty sweet! The swimming pools were on the small side, but the hotel's right on the beach, so who cares, right? The Pacific was really warm when we were there (July 10-15), by the way. And the grounds were amazing! Like staying at a hotel in the middle of a jungle. We saw several types of monkeys, a couple sloths right outside the reception area, different sizes of iguanas, and chameleons just driving down the cart paths. I've done a fair amount of travelling, and its one of the most special places I've ever stayed. And you can tell by this long review, its hard to put into words. You need to see it for yourself!

Room Tip: The rooms on the upper floors of the buildings next to the reception area have the best views of the...
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Every morning when my wife and I woke up at Arenas Del Mar we would look at each other and say "another day in paradise". The highlights:

Large, clean, comfortable rooms/suites. We had a Premium Oceanview Suite with a jacuzzi on the tremendous deck and breathtaking views. Be aware that there are 2 sets of properties: one on top of the hill and one at beach level. Immaculate properties overall, teaming with beautiful plants and trees, as well as wildlife - monkeys, sloths, iguana's, and more.

The customer service rivals a Ritz Carlton. They quickly learn your name and are extremely courteous, friendly, and responsive. Cudo's to Robin (consummate professional), Minor, Danny, Laura, Roger, the front desk staff, etc., etc., etc. as well as the drivers Bernie and Cesar.

The "private" beach down below is clean, the beach staff is pleasant, the food is good, and the drinks are cold and delicious. Thanks Minor!

The main restaurant serves a very good breakfast each morning with special pastries and fruits of the day as well as fresh squeezed juices. The dinners were very good, although the menu was a bit limited. Try the grilled shrimp. Room service was well-executed.

We did 3 tours while at Arenas. The National Park tour, the rain forest/ hanging bridges tour, and the jet ski tour. All 3 were very good.

I don't hesitate to highly recommend Arenas Del Mar. Truly one of the best experiences my wife and I have ever had. We certainly hope to return.

Mark and Jennifer

Room Tip: If you can, splurge on a Premium Oceanview Suite on the hilltop. We were in 403a.
San José, San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

As soon as we arrived at Arenas del Mar something was clear to me - Service means everything! We were greeted with smiles and drinks (the best welcome cocktail I've ever had - and I have had a lot). Within minutes every staff member (from duty manager to golf cart drivers) in the lobby had welcomed us.

After a quick and easy check in we were whisked away to our room on one of there eco-friendly golf carts. It was clear that they had given a lot of thought into every way the could look after their surroundings and the environment in general. The driver even offered to help me plant a tree in their reserve to help even out my carbon footprint.

We stayed in an Ocean Breeze Suite. It was large and very well appointed. Even though it was called an Ocean Breeze Suite I still had quite a nice view of the ocean (I thought of it as a bonus). We had a massive balcony complete with sitting areas and private Jacuzzi. Our room was very very close to the small, private beach (one of two beaches, the other being a public beach). About 20 steps from my sunbed on the beach was a beautiful, chlorine free swimming pool and restaurant serving lunch and delicious cocktails.

The main restaurant is nothing short of amazing. It opens for dinner, lunch and their amazing a la carte breakfast (pastries and fruit before hand). Again, the service was incredible. The waiter even remembered what I had the previous morning.

Even with all of the wonderful things mentioned above there is still something that beats it all for me..... The Property. It's just beautiful, with wonderful wildlife and exquisitely maintained!

I love this place and I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Ocean Breeze and Ocean View Suites are best
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Arenas del Mar was a great end to our 9 day honeymoon. If you like the beach, you'll LOVE this place.
Amazing Food!
Amazing Service!!
Great beach!
Great Spa!
Great wildlife!
We checked in and were given a room on the first floor. 101B. The room was fine, but we were on our honeymoon and were SPOILED by the two previous hotels we stayed with. El Silencio Lodge & Nayara. Both hotels were UNREAL and AMAZING. So, after an hour in our room, I decided to call the front desk to see if I could move our room to one with an outdoor tub/jacuzzi. Again, we became spoiled on our honeymoon. :) So I called the front desk and asked if they had any upgraded rooms available. We were willing to pay $100 more per night. The agent said to me, "Oh we see this is your honeymoon. Would it be ok if you stayed in that room for just tonight, then we'll move you to the best room we have to offer? No charge because we want you to have a wonderful honeymoon with us at Arenas del Mar" (403A) I almost dropped the phone. I said, that would be incredible. We were fully expecting to pay but wow what a gift given to us by Arenas del Mar.
The room was more then words could explain. Get this room if you can! Views of the Pacific Ocean, Jacuzzi on the balcony, and LOTS of room. It is their best room. WOW!!

Our last day/night was one written by Walt Disney and quite a dream. We had an amazing couples massage in the spa, a barefoot walk on the beach to the National Park, an AMAZING DINNER in the restaurant, watched the sun set from our jacuzzi, and to top off the evening....we saw a shooting star which was my wife's first ever. After dinner we walked out by the pool, I looked up and saw BILLIONS of stars in the sky. Our mouths dropped. WOW. So I said, lets head to our balcony where it's much darker and the stars will seem brighter. A few minutes on the balcony and this ENORMOUS shooting star shoots across the sky. It was like a HUGE fireball. Our last night of our honeymoon was something dreams are made of.
Arenas del Mar is a glimpse of heaven in my mind. We'll be back one day!

Room Tip: If you can, stay in Room 403a. WOOOOOW!! Their best room on the property.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Arenas del Mar Beachfront and Rainforest Resort, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Arenas del Mar Beachfront and Rainforest Resort, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

Address: Punta Quepos, Manuel Antonio National Park 311-6350, Costa Rica
Location: Costa Rica > Province of Puntarenas > Manuel Antonio National Park
Bar / Lounge Beach Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#1 Top resorts Hotel in Manuel Antonio National Park
#1 Luxury Hotel in Manuel Antonio National Park
#1 Spa Hotel in Manuel Antonio National Park
#2 On the Beach Hotel in Manuel Antonio National Park
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$$
Hotel Class:4.5 star — Arenas del Mar Beachfront and Rainforest Resort, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica 4.5*
Located within walking distance of Manuel Antonio National Park, Arenas Del Mar is an extraordinary beachfront and rainforest resort catering to travelers looking for more than the typical luxury hotel experience. Stunning, luxurious, and sustainable, this hotel has 38 rooms with exclusive beach and nature views as it is nestled in eleven acres of rainforest with private trails and two tree-shaded white sand beaches. Unique among the hotels in Manuel Antonio, our carbon neutral property offers sustainable, luxurious lodging—the first Costa Rican luxury hotel to be awarded the Five Sustainability Leaf Award and a Five Star Award. Arenas Del Mar is the perfect base for exploring on your Manuel Antonio vacation. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Arenas del Mar Beachfront and Rainforest Resort, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Arenas Del Mar Beachfront And Rainforest Resort, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica Manuel Antonio National Park

If you own or manage Arenas del Mar Beachfront and Rainforest Resort, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.