“Afternoon Adventure” 5 of 5 stars

+506 8719 6195
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: I am a licensed naturalist guide since 2001 and a 100% "Tico" who loves to share the amazing world of nature, culture, lifestyle, and the history of Costa Rica, my daily tours are for those nature enthusiasts who are looking to have the best rainforest and wildlife experience in Costa Rica, using the newest optics in the market and the most personalize service, I take my tours very serious and don't like guiding big groups. Bird watching and wildlife photography is my passion and I love sharing my beautiful country at the best and highest professional level. Contact me and I will be very happy to answer any question about my tours and Manuel Antonio/Quepos area.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Rye Brook, New York
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Afternoon Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband loved driving to this location—feeling very much like Indiana Jones as he traversed rocky roads, crossing streams and ascending (and descending) great heights—an SUV is essential. We had an option to take an organized tour to this location in an open jeep, but it would have been very dusty, and we would have missed out on the experience of being the one to drive this road (although it’s certainly not for everyone!). The waterfall was okay—we’ve seen plenty that are comparable in the US. Crossing the huge hanging suspension bridge, however, was a new experience and one that won’t soon be forgotten.
We had a great private tour guide, Manuel Cabalceta, who spoke English well and charged a reasonable price.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank robyn14

east bay, ca
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you visit the park, use Manuel Cabalceta as your guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Our group of 8 (including four kids under age 10) gives Manuel Cabalceta a fantastic rating. He made the park come alive for us, pointing out wildlife (a killer bees nest, bats, sloths, etc.) that we would have completely missed had we toured the park on our own. Manuel used an ipad to show close ups of animals and plants, and to teach the children more about what we saw. He had a very helpful telescope for close up viewing, was patient when our 4 year old had a tantrum and just really made the whole experience both educational and fun.

contact him at manuel.cabalceta@gmail.com you won't be disappointed.

Visited April 2012
Red Deer, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Rainforest tour at Manuel Antonio Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

Just arrived back home from an 11 day trip to Costa Rica. Can't say enough positive things about this amazing country.
Hired a guide through Manuel Antonio Estates tours online - the 6 of us wanted a private tour in the rainforest early in the morning and Manuel Cabalceta was our guide (manuel.cabalceta@gmail.com) - this was a 3 hour tour and Manuel made it an amazing experience. We still don't know how he spotted some of the wildlife / birds that he did - he had such a keen ear and a keen eye and then was so patient while all of us took a look through his spotting scope. He even took pictures for us on our cameras through the spotting scope. I have some amazing pictures of that part of the journey. Manuel displayed such a wealth of knowledge on the animals and birds in the forest and presented himself in a very professional manner - he was very prompt for the tour and very organized in getting us into the park as soon as it opened. He was very fluent in English, which was very helpful for us Canadians. He was also very friendly and accommodating. I would highly recommend seeking out this young fellow as he did a wonderful job for us. It was greatly appreciated.
Judy

Visited February 2012
Columbus, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“INCREDIBLE tour with Manuel Cabalceta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

We did not intend to use a tour guide during our visit to Manuel Antonio Park, but at the gate we made the decision to use Manuel Cabalceta Mendez, a licensed park guide. Our tour was the highlight of our trip and Manuel was the reason. He is a highly intelligent and informative guide; without him we would have seen only a few monkeys.

With Manuel's help, our pictures taken through his scope are phenomenal. We learned so many interesting facts about each insect, bird and animal on our tour.

We strongly advise that you contact Manuel Cabalceta@gmail.com or (506) 8719-6195. He charged $20.00 per person and made our day incredible!

Jeanne