“Vista Serena Hostel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hostel Vista Serena

You added Hostel Vista Serena to your Saves list
Hostel Vista Serena
150mts north of the manuel antonio public school, Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Vista Serena Hostel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Five years ago I decided I was going to spend 3 months in Costa Rica because I hate Winter. I made my way to San Jose then Heredia and I grabbed a nice bus to Manuel Antonio with out booking any thing in advance ( mistake always pre book ) There was this place called Vista Serena Hostel I went there with a few other people i meet on a bus with our luck they had enough room for us all What a beautiful place to stay at first your greeted at the driveway by 2 sweet little dogs and a big Dino dog who love's everyone then you look to your left and you see a view like you would not believe just stunning and breath taking There was a lovely women from America at the desk . she was helping a group of travellers who were booking a tour with with her (Leah) She greets you right away and very nice I would here a group coming back to the Hostel and thanking Leah for a great vacation with helping them all with buses and and getting all over Costa Rica I have been going to Costa Rica now 5 years now Conrad and his Mom Sonia made every one feel like they were home The staff there are the kindest people I have ever meet Like my self a 1 night stay turned into weeks like so many others Beautiful country and some of the kindest people you will meet all waiting for you ! .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Enjoyed staying in Vista Serena. A beautiful location, fun people, breakfast and possibility to have an airconditioned room. The staff, especially the girl at the reception, were helpful and gave me advice about further travels in Costa Rica. I booked a three-day trip to the Corcovado national park via them, which I really enjoyed - camping in the middle of nowhere was an experience of a lifetime!

• Stayed March 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I really enjoyed staying at vista serena! The view is great and people are very friendly. They give you all the tips to get to know manuel antonio and all costa rica. Rooms are clean and confortable, and has an excellent location. Hope I will come back!!

• Stayed February 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Vista Serena was a little piece of paradise! I intended to stay for 2 nights, but I extended a night because it was just so hard to leave. Vista Serena is incredibly laid-back, and everyone is immediately treated like family. The staff do absolutely everything they can to make each guest and comfortable as possible. Leah was especially involved in making sure you were having the absolute best experience in Manuel Antonio as possible by helping you not only book amazing tours, but by telling you about all the greatest places in town as well. She is so incredibly knowledgable about all the various options in Manuel Antonio and throughout Costa Rica. After such a short time, I was able to meet some great, interesting people and have a wonderful time. I immediately felt right at home :) Being a solo, female, 20-year-old traveler, I could not have been luckier in finding Vista Serena. Not to mention, the view was absolutely incredible! It was such a great deal. Hope to return one day!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Fair Lawn, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed at Hostel Vista Serena for 4 days and loved every minute of it. I came to Costa Rica not knowing anyone and Leah at the front desk immediately booked tours for me and introduced me around to the other guests so I made friends quickly.

The hostel was incredibly clean and had the best food (and prices!) in Manuel Antonio. I enjoyed my evenings lounging around on the deck in the hammocks, eating the delicious food and watching the unbelievable sunset. Breakfast in the morning was toast, butter and jam and fantastic coffee and there was always ice cream and soda to munch on.

The staff was really knowledgeable about the area and made sure I got the most out of my short stay in Costa Rica. I would recommend this hostel to any of my friends as they have rooms for every comfort level - private to dorm style. I stayed in a room with four people and everyone was respectful and nice.

The staff does a great job of making sure everyone gets along, plays fun music at night and helped me navigate my trip so I got the most out of my stay. I was a little nervous to be traveling alone but Leah made me feel comfortable as soon as I got there. I can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Located on a hill with beautiful views, sunsets are amazing. We stayed in a twin room + shared bathroom with another room. We had a whole cabin with kitchen, living room, TV, DVD as well as own terrace with hammocks. On the down side the rooms are tiny.

A place to relax and meet people, full of young backpackers who come together in the evenings to socialise in the main area. $20 pppnt inc breakfast (bread+jam+tea) was a good deal.

The beach/shops are 5km away driving and 35min hike. No problem with the parking.

They also can organise tours for you but it is a good idea to shop around as there are also other travel agents next to the Park entrance selling even better packages. We were interested in a Corcovado tour for 2nts and the lady at the front desk quoted us $300pp but since we were hesitating she offered $200pp after 10min for the same tour as 'an exception'....

Shame they don't have a swimming pool, for that reason we moved to Los Almandros Hotel, next to the Manual Antonio Park entrance for $27pppnt as we wanted to spoil ourselves a bit...

Overall it is an OK but we preferred Los Almandros Hotel 100 times better, also we were very unimpressed and dissapointed with customer service received from the front desk lady which completely wiped out any good feelings about the hostel we had. That is why we would never stay there again and definitely will not recommed it to anyone we know.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Brooksville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed the night upstairs at the Loma Linda. This is a complete house. There are 2 bedrooms upstairs and rooms downstairs. The downstairs rooms are separate from upstairs. The 'Master bedroom' upstairs has the private bathroom just off the bedroom(as in American houses. The 2 bedroom has their bathroom off the hallway. The house is wonderful, full kitchen,and great view of the ocean and sunsets from the screened patio. Also plenty of good places to eat within walking distance. Hint, the best is Villas Nicholas. All this for $60 a night. While we were there there wasn't anybody in the 2nd bedroom so we had the whole upper house to ourselves.

Room Tip: Ask for the 'Master bedroom' if it's available.