We had a Three Bedroom Premium Villa near the adult pool and about half way between the reception area (road entrance) and the beach. Very nice modern villas comprise of three floor. Main floor is the top floor which has a view of the forest and ocean from our villa. Large outside deck with hot tub, lounging area, and a table that can seat 8 people. Second floor (one down) has two bedrooms with queen size beds and private baths. Showers and toilet are open air but very private. There is a washer and dryer on the second level if needed. Third floor (2 down or 40 steps below living area) has large spacious master bedroom with king size bed and private bath (showers and toilet are open air but very private and sink and dressing tables are inside the room). All rooms and areas have individual air conditioners.
Amenities consist of 3 swimming pools and a medium to small beach area. Adult pool is small and has only seating for 6 in lounge chairs. No bar or phone for ordering food. The family pool has a well equipped bar and a small food service for hot and cold sandwiches and other things. Family pool is larger than the adult pool (1 1/2 times larger than adult pool) and has a waterfall feature and an infinitive edge with a view of the ocean. Seating is limited to 4-6 lounge chairs and a table with seating for 6. The third pool is closer to the beach and is about the same size as the family pool. There suppose to be a wine bar at the third pool (in the evening 6-9 pm) but it was not open while we were there (not reason given expect for shortage of staff). Beach is nice with food and drink service and ample seating and umbrellas, if desired. Kayaks are included in the room package. The property is very steep so be ready for a lot of stairs and steep walks or roads. There is a free shuttle service available on the property but you still have to traverse a lot of steps and steep paved paths to get to shuttle pickup areas. Sometimes there is a long wait for a shuttle.
There is no evening restaurant on site. There are several good restaurants within a short walk of the entrance area (we recommend Victoria's and Kopi Kopi). Your can order in to your room and have food also delivered from Victoria's).
Staff were very nice and accommodating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buena Vista Villas is a small, luxury boutique resort located inside Tulemar, a 33-acre gated resort community. Nestled in the jungle with stunning views, our villas offer luxury and privacy with all the amenities of a high-end beach resort: concierge and daily maid service, three pools and our private sandy beach. Breakfast is available daily at the pool with lunch, snacks and drinks at the beach in the afternoon, among monkeys and sloths. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Buena Vista Luxury Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Buena Vista Hotel And Casas
- Buena Vista Luxury Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park