The resort was absolutely beautiful and the staff was very accommodating. Watched the most amazing sunsets every night from our villa porch while the monkeys came for a play! The private beach was nice - just be careful of the tide in the late afternoon. There's a great snorkelling spot you can kayak to directly from the beach. This is the spot all the tour groups frequent. There have been many reviews on the poor service at the beach restaurant, but we found the staff very friendly and the food was excellent. You're on holidays, so sit back, have a cocktail and enjoy the views while you wait!
The resort and villas are set on a steep hill and quite spaced out. Many people use the transportation provided to access the beach and pools, but we preferred to walk. There are some lovely trails with waterfalls and howling monkeys!
There are many restaurants within walking distance. We would recommend the resort and would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buena Vista Villas is a small, luxury boutique resort located inside Tulemar, a 33-acre gated resort community. Nestled in the jungle with stunning views, our villas offer luxury and privacy with all the amenities of a high-end beach resort: concierge and daily maid service, three pools and our private sandy beach. Breakfast is available daily at the pool with lunch, snacks and drinks at the beach in the afternoon, among monkeys and sloths. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Buena Vista Luxury Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Buena Vista Hotel And Casas
- Buena Vista Luxury Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park