My husband and I spent an amazing week here September 1-9, 2012. Prior to arriving in Manuel Antonio, we were a little bit nervous about traveling during the green season. However, I would recommend going to Costa Rica at this time of year to any other traveler! The weather was beautiful. We had warm sunny days and cool rainy nights with fantastic thunderstorms. Because it was the "off" season, the town was not overly crowded with tourists and it made the experience even more relaxing for us.
Our villa at Buena Vista was incredible. The views were breathtaking - basically anywhere you stay in this resort complex will not disappoint. I've seen other reviews commenting on how hilly the resort is. In my opinion this is a huge plus! It made the views of the ocean something we will never forget. The shuttle service was impeccable, seriously they were at our door within 3-5 minutes of us calling them. The service at the front desk was amazing, how personal concierge Brian booked all our events for us and was always around to say hi to at the beach. The other concierge on duty were amazing as well and made my husband and I feel incredibly comfortable and taken care of.
The food, I could write an entire post about how amazing the food was. There are so many restaurants within walking distance of this resort, it's SO convenient. Kapi Kapi has spoiled me rotten. I literally have never had ahi tuna that was that good.
I picked this resort based on all the positive feedback through tripadvisor and I was very nervous that it would not live up to it's reputation. But my experience here was amazing, it lived up to its reputation and beyond and I will never forget my honeymoon. Pura Vida. ;)
- Also Known As:
- Buena Vista Luxury Villas Hotel
- Buena Vista Luxury Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Buena Vista Hotel And Casas
- Buena Vista Luxury Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buena Vista Villas is a small, luxury boutique resort located inside Tulemar, a 33-acre gated resort community. Nestled in the jungle with stunning views, our villas offer luxury and privacy with all the amenities of a high-end beach resort: concierge and daily maid service, three pools and our private sandy beach. Breakfast is available daily at the pool with lunch, snacks and drinks at the beach in the afternoon, among monkeys and sloths. ... more less