This was our second stop in Costa Rica, right in the middle of our stay. We were pleasantly greeted by the staff and led to our villa for a brief introduction to the resort. Upon seeing the kids in our group, the staff immediately installed a safety screen around the main veranda so our kids couldn't slip through the railing. That was a great extra. Our villa was amazing!! Our group consisted of 3 families (10 people total) and we never ran out of space. It was very clean and the air conditioning worked well. My only complaint was that if we didn't have the air conditioning running high enough there was a damp smell that permeated through the villa. I don't know if that is normal in a humid climate or not but there was a leak in the basement stairwell that was fixed as soon as we told the staff. Maybe that was the cause. At any rate it wasn't enough to affect my stay. The beach was beautiful and there were plenty of boogie boards and towels to go around. They even had shovels and pails for our young ones. The sand was silky smooth. The pools were amazing too! We didn't have a car so the shuttle service was a must. We called 10 minutes before we needed to leave and the shuttle was at the front desk when we got there. The place is so hilly it's hard to get anywhere except the pool without it. However, the hills provided the AMAZING view we had. We didn't feel trapped not having a car because there was a grocery store within a 5 minute walk and plenty of restaurants close by. We walked, with kids, about 1/2 mile away to eat and came back in the dark without feeling unsafe. We did keep our eyes open though!
Just a little note, the food/drinks supplied by the resort are not free. So don't take them unless you know how much you are paying for them!
Oh, I also loved watching the monkeys swinging in the trees while taking a shower! The laundry was a definite plus too.
I would not hesitate to stay here again. It was a great time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buena Vista Villas is a small, luxury boutique resort located inside Tulemar, a 33-acre gated resort community. Nestled in the jungle with stunning views, our villas offer luxury and privacy with all the amenities of a high-end beach resort: concierge and daily maid service, three pools and our private sandy beach. Breakfast is available daily at the pool with lunch, snacks and drinks at the beach in the afternoon, among monkeys and sloths. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Buena Vista Luxury Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Buena Vista Hotel And Casas
- Buena Vista Luxury Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park