My family enjoyed our stay in our bungalow with gorgeous views of the ocean and sunset every evening. The property location is well positioned allowing easy access to most restaurants and a small grocery store that is within walking distance. Morning walks offered an almost guaranteed encounter with local wildlife. We saw beautiful tropical birds, several types of monkeys, sloths, iguanas, capybaras, and lizards. We enjoyed our morning breakfast with a troop of playful monkeys that swung around the trees and jumped on the tarp that covered the seating area by the beach bar. The food at the beach was okay with breakfast being the better option over lunch. The beach is set in a private cove and the property offers free use of boogie boards, kayaks, and snorkeling gear. The property is set on a hillside so the walk down to the beach is doable but is a rather difficult return trip. We chose to use the shuttle service to hasten our trip back up to our bungalow. Our bungalow offered one bedroom with two queen beds, living room that had a twin-sized sleeper sofa with a trundle bed, small kitchenette, and bathroom without a tub. The beds were not very comfortable and the sheets were thin and usually came off sometime during the night. The A/C was cold and helped reduce the humidity in the rooms during the night. Each room had multiple ceiling fans and windows that offered scenic views of the ocean. There are three pools located on the property but we only used the infinity pool once that is located by the villas. Overall impression of the property is good. If this is one of the best places to stay in the Manuel Antonio area, then we’d probably stay there again. We will be going back so we’ll research if there is anything better out there.
- Also Known As:
- Buena Vista Luxury Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Buena Vista Luxury Villas Hotel
- Buena Vista Hotel And Casas
- Buena Vista Luxury Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buena Vista Villas is a small, luxury boutique resort located inside Tulemar, a 33-acre gated resort community. Nestled in the jungle with stunning views, our villas offer luxury and privacy with all the amenities of a high-end beach resort: concierge and daily maid service, three pools and our private sandy beach. Breakfast is available daily at the pool with lunch, snacks and drinks at the beach in the afternoon, among monkeys and sloths. ... more less