We just returned today from an amazing time at Gaia. Tripadvisor truly helped me narrow down the BEST pick after reading the reviews. I do not know where to begin, it was EVERYTHING we needed and wanted in a vacation.
1. Food: The food that the CHEF prepared was AMAZING. There was truly no need to leave the resort as we wanted to try everything on the menu. I am a big time foodie and we live in Atlanta where the are a number of fabulous restaurants, BUT I must say this is by far the best food that I have ever had at a hotel/resort during my travels. (Loved the 24/7 room service and they were always quick)
2. Service: When we arrived like others it was pouring down raining and the staff at the hotel was very pleasant ALL THE TIME. They were very alert to our needs and anything we needed they took care of it very quickly. Somehow we were taken to the wrong room which I noticed since we booked the Jungle View Suite through expedia and we were put in a studio. I notified our personal concierge right after we walked in and within 10mins the manager Andy contacted us and apologized. Since we were in the middle of a down pour the manager promised to have a special surprise in the morning. In the morning we were moved from the studio to the Deluxe Suite which was amazing. It was private/intimate which included a private balcony and private roof top terrace that overlooked the pacific ocean and rainforest.
Andy the manager was always so accommodating. The staff at Gaia is the BEST and I stay in hotels and etc quite often. To me this speaks volumes about the management staff!!! They surpassed my expectations.
3. Property: The room was gorgeous very contemporary. I have no complaints after being upgraded from the Jungle View Suite to the Deluxe Suite. I was amazed by the view that we had from our room waking up to the Pacific Ocean and Rainforest. I laid out at the pool for hours as you have the same view with the Pacific Ocean and the rainforest. While swimming in the pool we saw iguanas, beautiful birds, and another couple who spent most of their time on the 2nd tier were able to get pictures on monkeys playing in the trees. We went on the complimentary hike of the reserve at 7am and it was BEAUTIFUL. Dennis was an excellent tour guide. This is a hike (it is a workout) that you do not want to miss as you will get some amazing views and a great opportunity to take pictures. You find yourself getting lost in the beauty of this place. It is truly an oasis for nature lovers.
4. Tours: MUST do the Zipline Tour (make sure you do the superman). Fabio set us up for the Zipline tour and the views for this nature fanatic were simply breathtaking. We went on the tour that ended with an authentic costa rican lunch which was excellent. We also went on a private tour with Dennis to the beautiful Manuel Antonio Park. As others have mentioned it is worth paying the extra money to have a private tour that is provided through Gaia. We also met others who mentioned that they did not see anything because they did not have a guide. On our visit we saw rare flock of toucan's, monkeys: White-face, Howler, and squirrel, snake, birds, crabs, two-toed & three-toed sloths and etc. The beaches after the tour were amazing so make sure you bring your bathing suit. If you can arrive in the morning/afternoon that would be the BEST time so that you are able to experience the ride, also there is a stop along the way at a river that is full of crocodiles. *Also I initially wanted to experience the Catamaran but I was glad that we did not go with that choice this time because we met another couple from another resort and were informed that whales have already migrated so they did not see anything when they went on the tour*
Cost: THE EXPERIENCE IS WORTH EVERY PENNY. We have paid less at other resorts some which were all inclusive with our food and drinks included. But we have found with those the drinks are watered down or some meals are good...others okay...and some great.
At the GAIA you are paying for the BEST of every aspect of your trip service, food, drinks, property, and it is CONSISTENT. So it is "Worth Every Penny".
Enjoy your stay!!! This is one place where we will be back. The next trip will be for a couples retreat :-)
Andy and Fabio thank you again for your sincere hospitality.
M & A
- Also Known As:
- Gaia Hotel And Reserve
- Gaia Hotel Reserve
- Gaia Hotel & Reserve Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gaia Hotel, Manuel Antonio's only 5-star resort and dining. Bask in our infinity-edge pools, dash Aveda bath salts into your Jacuzzi and relax enjoying the jungle and ocean views. Rooms feature A/C, cable, flat screen TVs, portable phones, home entertainment units, internet connectivity, coffee-maker, mini-bar, safety box, hairdryer, 24/7 room service and full spa services. Your personal valet sees to your needs, and our Nature Guide hosts an exclusive tour of our 12-acre Nature Reserve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Otel, Hotels.com, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Gaia Hotel & Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.