“Perfect Getaway!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gaia Hotel & Reserve

Save Saved
You added Gaia Hotel & Reserve to your Saves list
Gaia Hotel & Reserve
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Km 2.7 Carretera Quepos a Manuel Antonio, Manuel Antonio National Park 6350, Costa Rica   |
Offers & Announcements
SAVE $$$ NOW
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Perfect Getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We had an amazing time at Gaia for a very much needed vacation. The staff are great! They are helpful, attentive and eager to welcome you to Manuel Antonio. We loved getting to know the staff and were sad to leave. The restaurant was great - loved breakfast as it offered some very traditional local food. We took advantage of Happy Hour / Tapas right as the afternoon storms came in. Great views from the restaurant deck and great live music. The Terra Spa was great - the Hot Stone was such a treat!

The National Park is beautiful..we walked straight through to the beaches as we had a great tour around the Hotel Reserve with our guide. Even though it rained every day (rainy season) we had beautiful mornings for the ATV tour (Mario our guide was great!) and the beach / pool.

Overall we couldn't have been happier with our stay. We were very sad when we had to leave but we hope to be back soon. Pura vida!

Room Tip: We were on a lower level so we couldn't quite see to the ocean but had a beautiful view of the r...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tommy-Farrell, Owner at Gaia Hotel & Reserve, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Indeed, the perfect getaway at Gaia starts with our incredible staff. They will be as attentive as our guests require and have a keen sense of providing just the right amount of interaction combined with privacy.

We are so pleased that you had such a wonderful time. And you are very much correct...there is always next time to return again to Gaia and experience all the wonderful things to do (or not -just sit by our wonderful pools) in and around the Manuel Antonio area. We literally have guests that return year after year to enjoy the magic we have created here at Gaia.

Thank you for sharing your experience here on this TripAdvisor forum.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Kuwait City, Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I can't believe I even hesitated before booking a two night stay at the Gaia. I must admit, the price almost put me off at first but after extensive search, I decided to spoil myself and stay at the Gaia. I didn't regret. In fact, I'm glad I went with my gut feeling. I stayed there on the first weekend on October, it rained a lot but that didn't ruin my trip. I was traveling alone and felt VERY safe. The staff, starting with Karen who checked me in and followed up with me, are professional, friendly and well-mannered. The gigantic room was clean, the water warm and toileteries were promptly replaced.

The breakfast is PERFECT. You can order from the exact same menu and have your meal in your room at no extra charge. I also had an unforgettable salad (I think it was the Gaia salad); so refreshing! I was really disappointed with the papaya soup though, but it really wasn't for me.

The staff recommended different tours for me and managed my booking. I ended up doing an ATV tour which was fun - even though I was alone. The single bedroom is LARGE and could easily accomodate three people. One of the best things about the hotel was the car service that was operated by the Gaia's polite drivers. I was dropped off and picked up around Quepos and even in Manuel Antonio. My only regret was not seeing the Manuel Antonio National Park because I spent so much time lounging around the hotel.

On a final note, I also had dinner at a nearby hotel/resort. My friends were staying there and loved it but the drive there was SCARY. The Gaia is more accessible and very well-lit. You'll understand what I mean if you compare it to other hotels on a dark, rainy night!

Room Tip: My room didn't have a view, so maybe ask if they do have something with a better view?
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Tommy-Farrell, Owner at Gaia Hotel & Reserve, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
The entire Gaia staff is genuinely thrilled that they were able to make your holiday with us very special and accommodating.

As an adults only property, we cater to honeymoon couples, anniversary couples, singles and those who just want to get away from it all for a short period. Friendliness pervades the very essence of Gaia and life long friends are often made here.

Thank you for mentioning how inviting Gaia was with our special lighting effects at night. We spare nothing to make our guests feel safe and at home.

Thank you for sharing your Gaia experience here on this TripAdvisor forum.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

We just checked out a few hours ago and I could not wait to tell people about this amazing resort. Firstly, I felt like I was part of a family from the minute I set foot on the property! Everyone at the resort is genuinely happy to see you and the attention to detail is unparalleled. Andy, our personal concierge was an absolute delight! Her attention to detail was top notch! Anyone lucky enough to get her has won the lottery! Noelia at the Terra spa was off the top! Her massages were incredibly relaxing! Although Orlando was not our personal concierge, he made sure we were taken care of. He paid attention to detail and his gorgeous smile is priceless! La Luna restaurant is heaven! Everything we ate there was gourmet quality and amazingly delicious! Make sure you try the Costa Rican fruits such as Papaya and Pinapple. The pineapple is the best in the world!
It was such a pleasure meeting one of the owners Boris, his Mom, and puppies Tory and Tarzan! I hope you had a fun birthday Boris! Deb and I appreciate the celebration last night for both our birthdays! It was truly a pleasure meeting you! I could go on and on about this lovely place! I did however want to recommend the White Water Rafting tour. It was truly exhilarating! The crew at Amigos del Rio were excellent! Anthony our tour guide was the best! This is a tour that is a MUST!
Finally, as I could go on forever...Today we were flying back to San Jose on a Sansa flight from Quepos and some how my friend Deb got the times mistaken. Needless to say, we were not getting out of Quepos on a flight that day. The hotel Gaia and the staff mainly Andy arranged for us to be transported by land back to San Jose! I truly want to thank each driver especially the one that drove us to San Jose! He was so sweet and entertaining! Thank you everyone for making this such a special vacation! I truly fell in love with the Ticos! They all have a lovely spirit and exude warmth and passion! Pura Vida!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
We love nothing more than to receive comments such as the one above from our recent guests.

Gaia is all about genuine similes, service and uncompromising attention to detail when it comes to our guests and their desires.

We have saying at Gaia.........For our guests, it is all that you deserve and much more than you expect.

We have shared you kind comments with our wonderful staff who you have highlighted here and they are very grateful for your making special mention of them.

Please return so we can once again spoil you both and keep the magic flowing.
Pueblo, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Wonderful stay here! My girlfriend, diane, and I, could not be happier with the service here. Staff is 1st class! Sandy and Gabriela in reservations to the staff were very helpful. We are at Gaia right now. Absolutely wonderful, even with the rains!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanking our recent guests for their very kind comments on their stay at Gaia.

We welcome your feedback and our staff will only do what comes naturally to them......which is to give our guests the very best 5 star service possible. They are trained in the finer points but the underlying nature is quite genuine.

Thank you for sharing your experience on this TripAdvisor forum.
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Costa Rica is a beautiful country. We were very pleased with our stay at the Gaia Reserve. It is true that it is a bit of a drive from the airport in San Jose but the driver we had, Alex, did a great job of making sure we were taken care of along the way. The hotel was beautiful and because there are few rooms the staff is able to give their guests full attention. They all do a wonderful job: Alexander in the office, Diego and Aldo in the restaurant, Noella at the spa just to name a few. We truly had a wonderful time and didn't have a problem redeeming all the perks in our travel-zoo package. We definitely will visit again. Pura Vida!

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you.....thank you! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to devote so much attention to you both.
We look forward to your return visit and hope you spread the word on our magical part of Costa Rica here at Gaia Hotel & Reserve.
Thank you for using this Tripadvisor forum.
Tyngsboro, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Gaia Hotel in the middle of August for the end of our honeymoon. Everything from start to finish was superb. We arrived in a pouring rain storm tired from our 6hr drive from Tamarindo, the moment we drove on the property the concierge was right there to open my car door with a umbrella. We were assigned "Fabio" as our personal assistant and he was absolutely stunning in taking care of us over our four day stay providing us with multiple reservations and arrangements. Please make it a point to visit the restaurant, as the food was superb and proves that fine dining can be had in Manuel Antonio.

As for the rooms, I think the other comments say it best, they were stunning well equipped and comfortable. Thank you Gaia for making our honeymoon in Costa Rica end perfectly!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
We are thrilled you came to Gaia and the entire staff were able to make your very special honeymoon just that.........special.
Thank you for allowing us to spoil you and making some very special memories for you to treasure for the rest of your lives.
Please come back for those anniversaries so we can share with you a very special experience once again.
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Service is second to none! The staff is incredibly helpful. Our travel deal package came with transportation from/to airport, breakfast, one night of a three course dinner with a bottle of wine, and 4 ninety min massages. Breakfast is very good...could not ask for better coffee :) Food and happy hour in general are great. Spa is amazing (though I would've appreciated a slightly warmer room during my massages). Rooms are clean and comfortable. Shower pressure is awesome. Free wifi, cable tv, central ac, blow dryer, room safe, bath robes...everything you need. Pool is kept at a comfortable temperature with the best view. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tommy-Farrell, Owner at Gaia Hotel & Reserve, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for your very kind comments.

Indeed our staff are what makes Gaia work day after day. Our service is indeed second to none and we appreciate you taking notice.

As a 5 star hotel, we do not charge extra for all the various compliments that we afford the Gaia guest. Once on our property, you are treated as one of the family and should not have to pay extra for what we consider normal everyday expectations ie. wifi and complimentary mini spa treatments.

Thank you for your very kind comments and thank you for allowing us to spoil you as you well deserve.

Been to Gaia Hotel & Reserve? Share your experiences!