“Nice hotel for vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cabinas Espadilla

You added Cabinas Espadilla to your Saves list
Cabinas Espadilla
300 meters before Manuel Antonio Nal. | Park entrance, Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica   |
Moscow, Russia
“Nice hotel for vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Great hotel for vacation on the Pacific ocean. The location is 5 minutes from the beach. Manuel Antonio national park is 5 minutes walk also.
Several cabinas located around the swimming pool. The rooms have ketchenette equipped with coffee-maker, fridge, stove, sink and all the necessary crockery. Do not leave the fook on the counter, as thre are some ants there.
Beds are comfortable with a lot of pillows. A/C work fine. TV has a lot of English-speaking channels to choose from.
Breakfast is served in the main hotel not far from the hotel. Good variety of food and drinks.
Very friendly and helpful staff. Early check-in possible.
Cleaning is amazing. They bring you flowers in the room and make different figure out of flowers. Really nice.
I'd recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is a nice place but the internet does not work while in your room. Which was not told to us prior to use getting the room.

Also, they like to keep records of your credit card even if you are paying cash. We got a discounted rate (yay!) and they wanted to keep my friends credit card information though we had to pay via cash. After some words, we scratched the credit card information off the receipt and took a picture for our reference. We could have been over thinking things but we are from NYC so..we expect everything!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

when we first arrived we were greeted by monkeys and then a giant crocodile on beach path, how exciting!!! this place was great. we sat outside on patio nightly watched fireflies at night and woke to howler monkeys in the morning. morpho butteflies, birds, squirrel monkeys, capuchians, it was wild! Nice beach ( a little rocky) good restuarants, nearby grocery stores, everything you need, a nice pool to cool off in the afternoon and manuel Antonio park a block away!

Room Tip: ask to be away from road
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Eagle, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We just stayed at Cabinas Espadilla in early July 2013. We hung our used wet bathing suits out to dry on the chairs outside our room. My wife's was there in the morning but mine was stolen. Inside our locked room my generic medication was taken from the bottle. I was able to replace it but the lack of trust I have for the Costa Rican people shall remain forever. I suppose there is good cause for the bars on all the windows and doors.

Room Tip: do not go to Costa Rica with possesions
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We would like to thank the friendly and professional staff of Hotel Espadilla for five lovely days. We stayed at "The Cabinas", and we are very pleased with our stay! Great location close to both the beach and the rainforest park. The room was clean and well maintained equipped with a/c, TV, fridge and a coffee maker with complimentary coffee every day. Great breakfast which was served in the beautiful restaurant of the hotel (2 min walk from The Cabinas). A small and nice pool area at The Cabinas, and a slightly bigger pool area by the bar and restaurant at the Hotel.
If you are going to Espadilla, this is the place to stay!

PS. If you have IPhone make sure to activate 3G to get a signal. Free Wi-Fi.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed only one night yesterday..good place..good service and location..only we like that you would me more accesible with the check out..even if we want to pay for more hours..but I undestand it was for the cspacity..only was one suggestion...incredible customer service..food awesome...great...we were really happy...silvia and edward..we plan to comeback

• Stayed April 2013
Mile_Espadilla, Front Office Manager at Cabinas Espadilla, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Hello Silvia! thank you very much for your kind commnet and also for the excellent rating.
We apreciate your post. and hope you can stay in Cabinss Espadilla for longer time on the future!
Pura vida!
Farmington Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed at the Cabinas Espadilla from March 1 to March 4, 2013. First off, the location's great, an eight-minute walk to Manuel Antonio National Park entrance, and it's a pleasant walk past other hotels or a small tourist shop here or there. There's also a short walk the other way to one of the many beaches in the area--you're there in five minutes.

In between the hotel and the path to the beach lies a very small wooded area, and I found it a great place to spot birds, either just after sunrise or an hour or so before nightfall. I hiked a great deal in Manuel Antonio and later in Monteverde, but two of the best birds I saw on my entire trip, the Hoffman's woodpecker and the striking fiery-billed aracari, I saw right in the small wooded area near my hotel.

The room was fine--good size, fridge and coffee maker, no insect issues. The wifi was okay--there was one time it didn't work, but only for a while. It was a little slow, but certainly enough to stay in touch if you need to--and really, you shouldn't be in Costa Rica if you require speedy Internet that works 24-7.

One morning the hot water took some time to get to a tolerable level, but for the most part that wasn't an issue, either. The air conditioner was old, but it got the job done. Breakfast buffet was at the Playas Espadilla across the street, a very short walk, and was really good.

I've read some other complaints about the noise, but it was fine while I was there. Staff was friendly and helpful--when my shuttle to take me to Monteverde didn't arrive, they contacted the travel company to make sure it was coming, even though that was really the travel company's responsibility, not the hotel's. No phones in the rooms, so no wake-up calls--instead, you requested a wake-up knock. And I got one every time I requested one, at the exact time.

There are other hotels in Manuel Antonio and most looked very nice, and I'm sure a few are better than this one. That being said, I'd have no problem staying here again should I be lucky enough to return to Costa Rica.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, I'd ask for a room away from the street.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
We are very pleased to receive comments like yours! we are working on improvements in the property one them is the wifi. Thanks for your ratings and posting.Your pictures are great specially the bird!!