Anybody giving this hotel a 5 star is crazy! We showed up the first day, and they didn't speak good english at all. We got to our room and it was 100 degrees. We turned on the A/c and went downstairs for a drink and a massage. We paid for a couples massage, but they said they only have one employee for the spa so we had to do them at different times. While my husband got his massage I sat out on the deck alone. No waiter approached me for another drink, or asked if I needed anything. Once we were both finished with the massages which were done terrible on dirty hairy sheets, we decided to have dinner there so we could get a good nights rest. The food was AWFUL!!! One server that was so slow and didnt speak any english. When we booked the room they said we got 30% off all of the food there. We ordered dessert which came frozen, and he said dessert wasnt part of the discount. I said just take the frozen garbage off the bill, he refused to. We then went to our room and it stunk of raw sewage! It was awful. I called the front desk, and they said, "oh we will be up in a minute to fix it". They left a can of lysol at the door...REALLY??! The penthouse honeymoon suite and they bring lysol? So we called to the front desk again, and said no way were we going to sleep in a room sprayed all over with lysol. They then said they would move us to a different room. We went and looked at the rooms, which were 100 degrees, and a down grade from what we paid for. We said we weren't sleeping in any of the conditions. At that point we had all of our clothes put away, and at least the stinky room was cool. We stayed in that room with promises from the front desk they would take care of it. We ended up cleaning our own toilet, and bathroom trying to find the smell problem. When we proceeded to check out we said the front desk guy said he would take care of us because of the problem. The desk girl acted like she didn't speak great English, and just kept lieing to us saying the manager couldn't help us etc. The refused to do anything about the room chaos, and charged full price for the garbage they provided.When we finally got the number to the hotel manager, the person on the other end said the manager was out with a family emergency. The front desk woman lied straight to our face about talking to manager, and we said we wouldn't come back, and would defiantly let everybody know how awful it is there. She said they don't care! Please don't stay at this hotel..Read my other recommendations for great resorts that will blow you away! This one is over priced, and dumpy!!! Customer service is not their number one priority...in this business it needs to be!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel, Spa & Waterfront Reserve offers intimacy and elegance for your romantic escape. Each suite includes a Jacuzzi bath tub for relaxation and enjoyment, as well as a majestic ocean view overlooking a pristine pacific cove. A plush king size bed, sofa, and room service from our boutique restaurant await your arrival. You can also indulge yourself with a massage in our spa after a day of adventure on one of our many tours or beaches. Our romantic hideaway suites access adjacent sandy beaches with a walk to the cove or famous Manuel Antonio Park and beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Despegar.com and EasyToBook so you can book your Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Issimo Hotel Boutique
- Issimo Boutique Hotel
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel And Spa Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park