Issimo Suites charming small hotel perched on the side of a jungle covered hill overlooking the beach. The rooms are well appointed and clean. They are also are very strange in their layout and amenities. The rooms are not small, but have an open plan filled with furniture, bathtub, washing up area and an open concept toilet area (not my wife's favourite feature). The room we were in was so crowded that banging your knee on the furniture was easy to do.
When we arrived, the room was appointed with too many decorations. Rose petals scattered everywhere (roses are cheap in CR), champagne flutes filled with red water and cherries - it all looked pretty, until the flies collected in the flute water and one had to pick up all the petals.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. The quality of the food was not worth the rather high prices. And alcoholic drinks were very expensive.
There is beach access, but from our experience, it's use is not generally encouraged.
Disregard the pictures of monkeys in the hotel veranda. Since feeding them is discouraged, they don't bother to come around. My wife saw one monkey for about 10 secs early one morning. Better to go to Manuel Antonio if your desire is to see wildlife.
Finally, the map accessible through tripadvisor shows an incorrect location of Issimo. If you are driving, the best advice (for CR in general) is to rent a GPS unit.
- Also Known As:
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Issimo Hotel Boutique
- Issimo Boutique Hotel
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel And Spa Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel, Spa & Waterfront Reserve offers intimacy and elegance for your romantic escape. Each suite includes a Jacuzzi bath tub for relaxation and enjoyment, as well as a majestic ocean view overlooking a pristine pacific cove. A plush king size bed, sofa, and room service from our boutique restaurant await your arrival. You can also indulge yourself with a massage in our spa after a day of adventure on one of our many tours or beaches. Our romantic hideaway suites access adjacent sandy beaches with a walk to the cove or famous Manuel Antonio Park and beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.