We booked 5 nights at Issimo Suites as part of a longer CR holiday. Our room on the top floor was nicely furnished, nice views (although the balcony had no cover so it want possible to sit out there for long or you baked). However several hours after our arrival we were told there was no water. Which meant no shower after a long days travelling and no possibility to flush the toilet. Not so 5 star. The water was back on by the next morning but later that day there was a power cut - which also meant no water again because they use an electric pump to get the water to the top floor rooms. We decided at this point we wanted to leave. We walked to the hotel next door to enquire about availability. On their reception desk there was a note from the local electricty authority warning of the power cut in advance, so at least the guests were forwarned. Issimo suites denied any knowledge of advance suites, clearly they did know but chose not to let the guests know in advance. We left the next day and after several weeks wrangling with the hotel we got our money refunded for the unused nights. Frankly I would have also expected a refund for the 2 nights we did stay but they would not consider that. In my book a flushing toilet and running water for a shower are a core part of offering when you rent a hotel room. Maybe I am just too demanding.......... Of course we nver got to use the beautiful hot tub in the room either since that needed both water and power.
- the pool is small and lacks privacy
- the restaurant food was terrible. My pasta was from a packet. The sauce was thin and watery
- cleaning ladies always left the door between room and balcony open after they cleaned. Unfortunately this meant that floor was wet and slippery when you got back in as the afternoon showers flooded the room
There was nothing I liked about this place. We moved up the road to the hotel Maripossa from the 3rd day and things recovered. We just wish we had gone there in the first place and given Issimo Suites a big miss.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel, Spa & Waterfront Reserve offers intimacy and elegance for your romantic escape. Each suite includes a Jacuzzi bath tub for relaxation and enjoyment, as well as a majestic ocean view overlooking a pristine pacific cove. A plush king size bed, sofa, and room service from our boutique restaurant await your arrival. You can also indulge yourself with a massage in our spa after a day of adventure on one of our many tours or beaches. Our romantic hideaway suites access adjacent sandy beaches with a walk to the cove or famous Manuel Antonio Park and beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets and BookIt.com so you can book your Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Issimo Hotel Boutique
- Issimo Boutique Hotel
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel And Spa Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park