If your goal is to escape the busy, commercial, chain hotel experience and really immerse yourself in the nature and experience true peace, this is the place to go. Now, be aware that this hotel is very small and intimate. You will have spectacular views, a very unique room design, delicious food, and excellent service. Note that some of the rooms share a balcony, which is one downfall. But, I really cannot think of another negative to the less expensive junior suites. The upper suites do have their own private pool area, but the main pool at most had 4 or 5 people there during peak times and we always had several options of lounges.
The room design is very unique! Every room features a jacuzzi tub. And the shower and tub is completely open to the rest of the room. The toilet area is only separated by swing doors. But, the air conditioning worked excellent and the decor was really lovely. Huge windows in our junior suite overlooked the jungle and the ocean beyond. There were constant appearances of monkeys, birds, and even a sloth or two. Yes, the towels are a little worn, but the hotel offers so much ambiance, I really cannot complain.
The food was really excellent. We ate most meals in the dining room. The wait staff was very kind and attentive. They are very careful to give you your space during your meal and drinks and not harass. I think some fellow Americans may misinterpret this as being inattentive. We found it very pleasant. I overheard some guests also be surprised that there is no indoor dining area. It can be a little warm sometimes, but there was usually a nice breeze.
The hotel is high up on the mountain, thus it's amazing views. However, if you plan to walk in this area, be aware that the walk is very steep. There is a small beach a short walk away, but the hike back can be a challenge in the heat. Just be careful! The beach is rustic - lots of crabs around and rocky on one side. But, it's also very private.
We took a tour of the Manual Antonio Park and it was amazing! Literally saw tons of monkeys! We regret that we did not stay at the beautiful, less crowded beaches at the end of the park a little longer. I would highly recommend that - you will only need to grab a cab back to the hotel when you are finished. Be aware that although we were advised we could pay the tour by credit card, this was not the case. In general, have cash for the majority of your trip.
Oh, and I must point out the hotel policy of not allowing children. Sweet!
I would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat if you want a peaceful, immersed retreat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel, Spa & Waterfront Reserve offers intimacy and elegance for your romantic escape. Each suite includes a Jacuzzi bath tub for relaxation and enjoyment, as well as a majestic ocean view overlooking a pristine pacific cove. A plush king size bed, sofa, and room service from our boutique restaurant await your arrival. You can also indulge yourself with a massage in our spa after a day of adventure on one of our many tours or beaches. Our romantic hideaway suites access adjacent sandy beaches with a walk to the cove or famous Manuel Antonio Park and beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com and Venere so you can book your Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Issimo Hotel Boutique
- Issimo Boutique Hotel
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel And Spa Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park