I would absolutely recommend Issimo hotel to anyone. That said-- I think it's relevant to understand why that is.
To be very clear, the property itself i would rate as a 4 out of 5. The room my husband and I stayed in was moderately sized, and you should not expect a huge hotel with multiple pools and restaurants and tons of amenities. The linens and towels were definitely clean, however a little worn from use. The pool was beautiful, but not overly large. I'd classify the actual building as a homey feeling boutique hotel (as opposed to a ultra luxurious resort).
That said-- the location, surroundings , views, etc make this gem an exceptional value. You are literally sleeping among monkeys, exotic birds, and other jungle animals... Not to mention within an earshot of the ocean. Words cant properly describe the incredible ambiance. On 2 occasions we saw monkeys right outside our window or just above us while we were dining. The sound of running water from the hotel's fountain does wonders for the soul. The cabana area gets just the right amount of sunlight, with plenty of shady areas.
Beyond that, the staff is exceptionally warm and helpful and the restaurant was actually very good. A special thank you to Dixon who especially accommodating. The free breakfast in the morning was extremely convenient, and included freshly made eggs and omelettes.
During our stay my husband and I did the ziplining tour and the Manuel Antonio tour-- both well priced and booked via the hotel. Another perk-- you can walk to a small private beach which is gorgeous, and a great spot for kayaking. Take your time on the path-- lots of wildlife to see along the way.
Thanks very much, Issimo Hotel! A wonderful place to spend our honeymoon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel, Spa & Waterfront Reserve offers intimacy and elegance for your romantic escape. Each suite includes a Jacuzzi bath tub for relaxation and enjoyment, as well as a majestic ocean view overlooking a pristine pacific cove. A plush king size bed, sofa, and room service from our boutique restaurant await your arrival. You can also indulge yourself with a massage in our spa after a day of adventure on one of our many tours or beaches. Our romantic hideaway suites access adjacent sandy beaches with a walk to the cove or famous Manuel Antonio Park and beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com and Venere so you can book your Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Issimo Hotel Boutique
- Issimo Boutique Hotel
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel And Spa Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park