Issimo Suites is a truly magnificent and special place.
We booked it for our wedding and the first week of our honeymoon after reading the reviews and not just our expectations were met but they were by far exceeded.
Maday and her team went far beyond the call of duty to make our wedding extra special and romantic and I have not got enough words to thank them.
They organised the most perfect moment for us on Playa Espadilla at sunset. It was absolutely stunning, with our feet in the Pacific Ocean as the sky went red and ginger flower petals were scattered on the sand.
The decorations, the lawyer (who made a very beautiful brief speech), the photographer – everything was perfect. We could not have dreamed of a more beautiful wedding. Thank you so much.
What to say about the hotel itself – it is the perfect choice to enjoy the stunning corner of the world that is Manuel Antonio. It is very small and intimate (it only has 13 rooms) – if you dislike the large, mass-produced hotels, this is your choice.
Every room is designed with so much thought and detail. It is the perfect hotel for a honeymoon or a romantic break. We had a Jacuzzi suite (I think all the rooms have a Jacuzzi) which was very spacious and stunning.
The two walls facing the ocean are actually made of glass. We arrived after dark and when we woke up the next day and saw the view, we could not believe our eyes. A verdant stretch of beautiful jungle populated by monkeys, geckos and array of birds, lay before our eyes in both directions, followed by the blue endless ocean.
The room also had a small balcony where you can sit and enjoy the coffee (delivered outside your door every morning) and have close encounters with the cheekiest white faced capuchin monkeys.
The rooms are like a dream.
The hotel has a lovely pool that is actually bigger than you would think from the photos. It is a really nice size for a hotel of this size (with a really deep end) and lovely chairs/floaters you can sit on sipping your drink. Bliss.
Breakfast is wonderful and fresh and the lunch/dinner menu is great too (fantastic ceviche and fish dishes)
The hotel is located in Punta Quepos, which is a short stretch of road (about 1 km) which from the junction with the main road (which goes between Manuel Antonio and Quepos) goes down to Biesanz beach.
Biesanz beach is the nearest beach that you can walk to in 15 mins, partly through a stretch of greenery where you can spot and hear howler monkeys. This is the smaller and more rocky beach. If you get there early-ish in the morning, it is utterly idyllic. Not that it gets that busy later, btw…
However, our favourite was Playa Espadilla (also referred to as the ‘public beach’, as it is the one just outside the Manuel Antonio park, which also has a few more beaches, both obv you need to pay the entrance fee to access them)
This beach is stunning and hardly busy and easily reached from Issimo even without a car – a short walk to the junction where buses go every 10 mins. It is a fun, brief journey. The sunsets here are spectacular.
Within walking distance of the hotel, you also have an array of fantastic restaurants – we loved La Cantina (fantastic whole lobster meal for $28), Salsipuedes (great tapas with stunning sunset views) and el Avion (great sunset views from the restaurant and very cool bar set in a US plane)
The area around the hotel is very safe – we walked back many times very late at night and we always felt very comfortable and happy.
Manuel Antonio is stunning (I actually recommend getting a guide when visiting the park – you get to see so much more wildlife that otherwise you would not spot – we saw so much! And the guides are incredibly knowledgeable) and Issimo Suites is the perfect base to explore it. They really do everything possible to make your stay truly unforgettable.
Maday, Elizabeth, Ivania, Joseph, Alexander, Dixon, Gato, Evelyn – thank you so so much for everything. You are utterly amazing people and we hope to come and see you soon again. Perhaps for an anniversary. That would be a dream.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel, Spa & Waterfront Reserve offers intimacy and elegance for your romantic escape. Each suite includes a Jacuzzi bath tub for relaxation and enjoyment, as well as a majestic ocean view overlooking a pristine pacific cove. A plush king size bed, sofa, and room service from our boutique restaurant await your arrival. You can also indulge yourself with a massage in our spa after a day of adventure on one of our many tours or beaches. Our romantic hideaway suites access adjacent sandy beaches with a walk to the cove or famous Manuel Antonio Park and beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com and Venere so you can book your Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Issimo Hotel Boutique
- Issimo Boutique Hotel
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel And Spa Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park