We stayed at Issimo Suites for 2 nights while we were in Manuel Antonio. Originally I had booked a room at Byblos, but we did not like it there and moved hotels. Before booking at Issimo, I went to visit a few other properties. I went to La Mariposa and they do have a wonderful view but the room is nothing special and much pricer than Issimo. I also went to Buena Vista Villas and Casas. This would have been my second choice after Issimo.
Issimo was awesome. It is a very small hotel but you have tons of privacy. All the rooms have a view of the Ocean and ours was breathtaking. The room also had a huge jacuzzi bathtub. There was a seperate shower and a mini bar in the room. The bed, linens and pillows were the best we found on the trip. Every morning there were monkeys that came by for breakfast and returned again later in the afternoon. The pool area was quiet and perfect for laying in the sun or reading a book. If you wanted to go to the beach, it is a 10 minute walk. I never left the pool for the beach. The food in the resturant was the best hotel food we found on the trip.
The best part about Issimo was the employess. Since we had decided not to stay at Byblos, I went to several hotels and asked to see rooms before choosing where to stay. All the properties were willing to show me a room. The people at Issimo had a room that someone had just checked out of and were willing to show it to me even though the room had not been cleaned. I thought this was extremely kind of them. I fell in love with the room and the employees. The employees told me all about the tours that were available and were willing to help in any way possible. They showed me the sloth in the tree and helped out with some Spanish. They asked my husband about how he did fishing each day and offered to prepare the fish for dinner. By the end of the two days it was like leaving friends.
I will return to Issimo when we go to Costa Rica again. Just for a side note, if you are in Manuel Antonio or Quepos, if you eat at Si Como No they also have a movie theater and will give you tickets to their nightly movie at 8:30 each night. Issimo and Peace Lodge were the best places we stayed on this trip. By the way, we rented a car and it was the best way to see the country. (However, dont rent from Payless Car Rental.) Lots of flexibility and we were able to eat at local places along the way. If you have questions about Costa Rica, please email me. I would love to share our experiences in the country.
- Also Known As:
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Issimo Hotel Boutique
- Issimo Boutique Hotel
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel And Spa Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel, Spa & Waterfront Reserve offers intimacy and elegance for your romantic escape. Each suite includes a Jacuzzi bath tub for relaxation and enjoyment, as well as a majestic ocean view overlooking a pristine pacific cove. A plush king size bed, sofa, and room service from our boutique restaurant await your arrival. You can also indulge yourself with a massage in our spa after a day of adventure on one of our many tours or beaches. Our romantic hideaway suites access adjacent sandy beaches with a walk to the cove or famous Manuel Antonio Park and beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.