“Great Beach” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Beaches
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: One of Costa Rica's most popular beaches, Playa Manuel Antonio frequently hosts parties and festivals, and it is an ideal destination for avid surfers.
columbia, sc usa
12 attraction reviews
“Great Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great beach for sunning, surfing, and watching the world go by. It's great that the locals keep coming by selling drinks, fresh fruit, and snow cones. It's gets a bit old, when they keep pushing the other types of trinkets: towels, vases, necklaces, and cigars. The selling isn't going to keep me off of this beach though.

New Hampshire
“amazing beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

From the guidebooks it sounds like this beach is crowded and kind of a hassle. Maybe you would think this if you are a local--for us New Englanders, it was one of the most beautiful beaches we had ever seen and absolutely fabulous. There are some vendors who come around, but they are very nice--in typical Costa Rican fashion, they are polite and not pushy! Do drive all the way to the national park entrance for parking, as I think we paid for a free lot. Do bargain on tent, surfboard and chair rentals--try to pay half what they quote! But seriously people are NICE, not threatening like in other places we have been. This beach was absolutely fantastic.

Jacó, Puntarenas, Costa Rica
10 attraction reviews
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is one of the nicest beaches in Costa Rica. Great place to hang out for the day. There are nice restaurants there as well as vendors if you want to buy souvenirs. The water is clean and nice

Guelph, Canada
7 attraction reviews
“An absolutely beautiful beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We came here twice during our 9 day stay in the MA area. The beach was very scenic. I had my camera snapping constantly to try to find the perfect picture. The water was warm but not too warm and still refreshing. The sand it probably about as white as it gets on the pacific side of CR, but it is not the white seen in the Carribean...but nonetheless still beautiful. There are some rocks around but mostly off to one side of the beach. We had no issues swimming here. Even though we were here in the prime season and mid day and it was not really that crowded. I would come to this beach every day if it was closer....not that it was that far but the regular Playa Espadilla beach is much closer to where we were staying. I have no complaints with this beach whatsoever. This is a beautiful beach in a beautiful park in a beautiful area of a beautiful country. Can I say more....I guess I could say I enjoyed myself with my beautiful wife on a typical beautiful February day!

Shell Beach, California, United States
“Beautiful Beach!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Breathtaking! This park has a lot to offer! So many amazing animal live here and you can see them in the park. It's fun to get coconut and drink it on the beach. During high tide the locals will bring you back on a small boat! The park is also very clean I didn't see any trash in the park or on the beach. The market area to the entrance is worth checking out too. I hope you get a chance to visit this amazing park.

Visited March 2012