“Can be great, just know what you are getting” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nature's Beachfront Aparthotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Manuel Antonio National Park
Nature's Beachfront Aparthotel
You added Nature's Beachfront Aparthotel to your Saves list
Quepos, Manuel Antonio National Park 6350, Costa Rica   |
Cleveland Heights, Ohio, United States
“Can be great, just know what you are getting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

There are a lot of comments posted already, so I'll try to add some objectivity to help you evalutate this place. We had a great 3-day, 2-night stay.

- The location is incredible, you are steps from the beach. Road access is a challenge, you need either a taxi or rental car that is off-road capable or you have to take a 10-minute walk on the beach, which can be tough with your bags. For going out for groceries, food, etc., you should walk on the beach. Again 10 minutes, and it's a walk on a beautiful beach. Bring bug spray for night time.

- The monkeys, lizards and more are all around, but not intrusive or frightening. No danger of being attacked by anything. One person wrote about crocodiles, maybe they meant iguanas. Did not have any issues with bugs or lizards. Waking up to monkeys is out of this world, one of the highlights of the trip.

- The room prices are negotiable, we got a great deal. You will need to be able to get along with Carol (some call her Anna?) Carol is definitely eccentric. She is scattered and talks a lot. Humor her a bit by chatting and always be friendly to her. She is around most days, and she is particular about some things (i.e. the gate lock) so just be ready for that and otherwise she can be a helpful host.

- The rooms themselves are just what we wanted, amazing location and view of the waves crashing. It is basic/rustic. Not a resort, no A/C, basic kitchenette. It worked for us, my girlfriend and I are low maintenance and we went to Costa Rica for the nature, not luxury accommodations. It was clean and the bed was comfortable. Carol needed time to clean up when we arrived (again she is a bit scattered) and even then she chatted with a family headed out before cleaning our room. So she let us set down our bags and we headed to the beach to give her time. It worked fine.

If you can get a good rate on the room, you will have an incredible stay very, very close to the beach.

Room Tip: Try to bargain for a good rate if it isn't full. The cheapest studio is only suitable for a sing...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Nature’s Beachfront Aparthotel is an absolute treasure! The hotel is a bit off the beaten path which makes it so remarkable. It is literally surrounded by the rainforest with a spectacular beach view!!! My boyfriend and I stayed in the Villa and we awoke every morning to the sounds of not only the Pacific (which is about a two minute walk from your front door), but also the amazing little river which runs behind Carol Ann’s hotel. The sounds of wildlife are equally magnificent. If you are a nature lover, this is the place to be. Carol Ann is a wonderful lady who is as gracious as she is lively!!! This will not be our last stay at this hotel and I cannot wait until we get back to Costa Rica so we can stay here again!!!

I would strongly encourage anyone who is a fan of nature to go experience this hotel. You will not be sorry!!!

Thank you so much, Carol Ann, for your hospitality and generosity!!!

Room Tip: The Villa is a great room for couples. Very romantic!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Not a good experience here. The property was surrounded by barbed wire, fences, and a large gate you are issued a key for to lock and unlock.

It is right on the beach but because of the barbed wire and water the hotel is built on the beach is only accessible through the gate and down the road.

The property was a little run down on the outside, but the room we reserved was alright. Be aware this is a more primitive property with no air conditioning. It is about a 10-15 walk down the beach to Manuel Antonio and the National Park.

This hotel was very difficult to book and the manager was very difficult to deal with. I had to call the hotel to begin a long difficult reservation process. We were the only people there and cut our reservations short staying only one night. The manager became very upset and emotional when we told her we were leaving and scolded us for not staying.

There is a lot of nature and this place may be for you. This property was not for us and was our only negative experience in Costa Rica.

We stayed June 7th 2012.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
East Granby, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

This is a very special place where you can connect with nature. Pure magic. If you are looking for a luxury resort with entertainment you should go somewhere else. This is a place to be quiet. Sleep with the surf roaring a few yards away (no glass window panes, only screens). Very clean and comfortable and a delightful manager and maid on staff. You are right on the sand in Manuel Antonio, not high upon the cliffs where the other hotels are. Run out and swim in the ocean - then come back and cook up some fish with fresh fruit. Look at my youtube video Natures Beachfront

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Hibbing, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

I had noticed this place from the beach on a previous visit. I decided to stay there for 2 weeks. It is Perfect for me. I am on the beach! No need to pack things, just put the suit on and go. No need to eat out, it has a kitchenette. It was quiet. It is private and safe. I loved the monkey visits, the birds, the sweet fragrant smell of night blooming jasmine. I heard the ocean all night while I slept. I saw the waves on the Huge rock from my room. I enjoyed swaying in the hammock. I enjoyed getting to know Anna, the manager. If you like glitzy, luxury places, find another spot. If you truly love tranquility, nature and Pura Vida, this is it! It was clean and well kept and it is easy to feel at home and welcomed. I hope it never changes and I hope there is always space for me when I return!

Room Tip: There was no restaurant nor pool.. You don't need it there!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
new-york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

at nature;s beachfront apart hotel you will be amazed how close you are to the beach. during your stay you wil be immersed in the jungle you will fall asleep to the sounds of the waves and wake up to the sounds of the monkies! anna your host is a charming lady, who is a retired canadian model from new-york! she is so much fun..she goes and rides her beautiful spanish horses on the beach everyday.
you will fall asleep like a baby and will be completly regenarated when you leave!

Room Tip: i stayed at room on ground floor, i havnt stayed in the rest but i think it is the best one for a si...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Alton, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

After searching the Internet I found Nature's Beachfront. It looked like a reasonable place to stay on the beach. After arriving by bus shuttle from San Jose, the driver told me they did not drop off people at Nature's Beachfront, but I could walk. I carried two suitcases down the scariest road I have ever seen. It took me about 3 hours to finally get there. The bus ride from San Jose was 3 hours too. Later on during the week I had trouble getting cabs to take me to the hotel and found out it was easier to take the cab to the beach and then walk but if it was dark it was very dangerous. When I did arrive the owner, Carol, told me I could have the penthouse or any of the rooms but I wanted the least expensive, so I was below with the crocodiles. One of the crocodiles which the owner named "Charlie" tried to eat me the first night on my way back to the hotel on the beach. It was very very dark and I did not have a flashlight. How was I supposed to know those logs were crocodiles. Carol is a crazy lady and she spoke badly of the Ticos and I need not write any more about her. The bed was uncomfortable and the sound of the waves kept me awake at night. That is just how loud they were. Sometimes the waves crashed right in front of the room's window which only had iron bars. If I would have been warned about the crocodile I may not have been so frightened when it jumped out of the lagoon as I was passing by that night. The next day, I heard a loud scream at the beach and the next morning I saw a young woman named "Heather" in the hammock and I asked her if she was screaming the night before and she said, "Yes". She came in late to the hotel and she asked the owner if there was anywhere she could buy food because she was hungry. The owner told her to go down to the beach and that there were restuarants. Well, she had a flashlight and when she got down to the beach a huge crocodile was down there waiting for her, so she screamed.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Been to Nature's Beachfront Aparthotel? Share your experiences!