There are a lot of comments posted already, so I'll try to add some objectivity to help you evalutate this place. We had a great 3-day, 2-night stay.
- The location is incredible, you are steps from the beach. Road access is a challenge, you need either a taxi or rental car that is off-road capable or you have to take a 10-minute walk on the beach, which can be tough with your bags. For going out for groceries, food, etc., you should walk on the beach. Again 10 minutes, and it's a walk on a beautiful beach. Bring bug spray for night time.
- The monkeys, lizards and more are all around, but not intrusive or frightening. No danger of being attacked by anything. One person wrote about crocodiles, maybe they meant iguanas. Did not have any issues with bugs or lizards. Waking up to monkeys is out of this world, one of the highlights of the trip.
- The room prices are negotiable, we got a great deal. You will need to be able to get along with Carol (some call her Anna?) Carol is definitely eccentric. She is scattered and talks a lot. Humor her a bit by chatting and always be friendly to her. She is around most days, and she is particular about some things (i.e. the gate lock) so just be ready for that and otherwise she can be a helpful host.
- The rooms themselves are just what we wanted, amazing location and view of the waves crashing. It is basic/rustic. Not a resort, no A/C, basic kitchenette. It worked for us, my girlfriend and I are low maintenance and we went to Costa Rica for the nature, not luxury accommodations. It was clean and the bed was comfortable. Carol needed time to clean up when we arrived (again she is a bit scattered) and even then she chatted with a family headed out before cleaning our room. So she let us set down our bags and we headed to the beach to give her time. It worked fine.
If you can get a good rate on the room, you will have an incredible stay very, very close to the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Listen to waves & enjoy the monkeys while staying right on the beach. Enjoy outstanding beach & ocean views from our three room two bath Penthouse suite and studio apartments. We’re situated in a secluded area on the edge of a tropical bird sanctuary forest with a river stream running alongside the hotel. We’re within walking distance to Manuel Antonio Park (13min) but only a stone's throw away from the white sandy beach and blue waters. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Nature`s Beachfront Aparthotel Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Natures Beachfront Aparthotel Hotel
- Nature's Beachfront Aparthotel Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park