“I can't wait to return!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nature's Beachfront Aparthotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Manuel Antonio National Park
Nature's Beachfront Aparthotel
Quepos, Manuel Antonio National Park 6350, Costa Rica   |
Hibbing, Minnesota, United States
“I can't wait to return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

I had noticed this place from the beach on a previous visit. I decided to stay there for 2 weeks. It is Perfect for me. I am on the beach! No need to pack things, just put the suit on and go. No need to eat out, it has a kitchenette. It was quiet. It is private and safe. I loved the monkey visits, the birds, the sweet fragrant smell of night blooming jasmine. I heard the ocean all night while I slept. I saw the waves on the Huge rock from my room. I enjoyed swaying in the hammock. I enjoyed getting to know Anna, the manager. If you like glitzy, luxury places, find another spot. If you truly love tranquility, nature and Pura Vida, this is it! It was clean and well kept and it is easy to feel at home and welcomed. I hope it never changes and I hope there is always space for me when I return!

Room Tip: There was no restaurant nor pool.. You don't need it there!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
new-york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

at nature;s beachfront apart hotel you will be amazed how close you are to the beach. during your stay you wil be immersed in the jungle you will fall asleep to the sounds of the waves and wake up to the sounds of the monkies! anna your host is a charming lady, who is a retired canadian model from new-york! she is so much fun..she goes and rides her beautiful spanish horses on the beach everyday.
you will fall asleep like a baby and will be completly regenarated when you leave!

Room Tip: i stayed at room on ground floor, i havnt stayed in the rest but i think it is the best one for a si...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Alton, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

After searching the Internet I found Nature's Beachfront. It looked like a reasonable place to stay on the beach. After arriving by bus shuttle from San Jose, the driver told me they did not drop off people at Nature's Beachfront, but I could walk. I carried two suitcases down the scariest road I have ever seen. It took me about 3 hours to finally get there. The bus ride from San Jose was 3 hours too. Later on during the week I had trouble getting cabs to take me to the hotel and found out it was easier to take the cab to the beach and then walk but if it was dark it was very dangerous. When I did arrive the owner, Carol, told me I could have the penthouse or any of the rooms but I wanted the least expensive, so I was below with the crocodiles. One of the crocodiles which the owner named "Charlie" tried to eat me the first night on my way back to the hotel on the beach. It was very very dark and I did not have a flashlight. How was I supposed to know those logs were crocodiles. Carol is a crazy lady and she spoke badly of the Ticos and I need not write any more about her. The bed was uncomfortable and the sound of the waves kept me awake at night. That is just how loud they were. Sometimes the waves crashed right in front of the room's window which only had iron bars. If I would have been warned about the crocodile I may not have been so frightened when it jumped out of the lagoon as I was passing by that night. The next day, I heard a loud scream at the beach and the next morning I saw a young woman named "Heather" in the hammock and I asked her if she was screaming the night before and she said, "Yes". She came in late to the hotel and she asked the owner if there was anywhere she could buy food because she was hungry. The owner told her to go down to the beach and that there were restuarants. Well, she had a flashlight and when she got down to the beach a huge crocodile was down there waiting for her, so she screamed.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Hollywood, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

we had a lovely time with our youbng family and have no complaints for our 2 night stay.
great locartion and beach.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

As we were searching for a hotel/hostel close to the NP entrance and directly at the beach, we were finding Anna's Aparthotel - due to a recommendation. It is a really nice place..quiet, except listening to the sounds of the ocean :-), only a few steps from our room to the beach and a few more steps towards the village and the park entrance. Anna (the owner) cordially received us and gave us good advises for the area. We stayed in the "Nature Villa" which had everything we needed. There's the link to the website: http://www.maqbeach.com/natures.html

Regards, the two Austrian girls.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Kila
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

It is really hard to rate the Nature's Beachfront but after careful consideration I don't think I would return there. I am not a 5 star traveller so this was not the problem. I have driven all over the world but this road by far was the scariest that I have ever driven on. Thank God for the 4x4. The hotel was ok but they had just used some kind of "wax" she said which had an awful chemical smell so strong that we could not open our closet door because it was giving us a headache. Anna was nice enough but be careful as once she starts talking to you, you cannot get away. The rooms have no amenities, except for a fridge and a stove. The road would have seemed less traumatic had there been something nice at the end of it. The was no glass on the windows and all of our belongings stayed damp the 4 days we were there. The night before we left she told us that she would only accept cash and so one more time in the dark we had to drive that road to get to the bank to pay her. Others we talked to in town were paying a lot less for a room with views, AC, wi-fi and breakfast. It is nice to hear the waves but the beach is not that spectacular to make it necessary to stay at a hotel on the beach. Being from Florida I guess we are spoiled by having beautiful white sandy beaches. No I don't think I will be returning there. Depending on your expectations will tell you whether you would like this place or not. I went down there expecting the worst and got it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Alberta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

If you get one of the 'good' rooms and they aren't bug infested, the location is nice complete with monkeys. However, it's difficult to get in and out. We got the smallest room - no a/c, less than basic, complete with biting, flying flea-type bugs which were in between the bed sheets, under the pillows and flying around in the room. Also, Carol/Anna has a personality disorder and is impossible to deal with if you are having a problem - like being bitten in your bug-infested room. Our room would not have even been available if the people in it hadn't left after one night. We didn't sleep over but found another room and left within a few hours. The pictures are all of the penthouse on the top floor - which was somehow 'not ready' so we couldn't move up there from our infested room. Our room was the size of the normal bedroom and the 'kitchenette" was an old sink, an ancient hot plate and a few old dishes. You couldn't cook there. You might be lucky - or you might be frantically trying to find another room like we were. Just avoid it. There are other, much nicer places for a similar price (e.g. Le Posada - nearly same price with an actual kitchenette AND monkeys, walking distance to restaurants, the park, etc.).

• Stayed December 2010

Been to Nature's Beachfront Aparthotel? Share your experiences!