“Great place to discover Manuel Antonio” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nature's Beachfront Aparthotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Manuel Antonio National Park
Nature's Beachfront Aparthotel
Quepos, Manuel Antonio National Park 6350, Costa Rica   |
MA
“Great place to discover Manuel Antonio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

As we were searching for a hotel/hostel close to the NP entrance and directly at the beach, we were finding Anna's Aparthotel - due to a recommendation. It is a really nice place..quiet, except listening to the sounds of the ocean :-), only a few steps from our room to the beach and a few more steps towards the village and the park entrance. Anna (the owner) cordially received us and gave us good advises for the area. We stayed in the "Nature Villa" which had everything we needed. There's the link to the website: http://www.maqbeach.com/natures.html

Regards, the two Austrian girls.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Kila
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

It is really hard to rate the Nature's Beachfront but after careful consideration I don't think I would return there. I am not a 5 star traveller so this was not the problem. I have driven all over the world but this road by far was the scariest that I have ever driven on. Thank God for the 4x4. The hotel was ok but they had just used some kind of "wax" she said which had an awful chemical smell so strong that we could not open our closet door because it was giving us a headache. Anna was nice enough but be careful as once she starts talking to you, you cannot get away. The rooms have no amenities, except for a fridge and a stove. The road would have seemed less traumatic had there been something nice at the end of it. The was no glass on the windows and all of our belongings stayed damp the 4 days we were there. The night before we left she told us that she would only accept cash and so one more time in the dark we had to drive that road to get to the bank to pay her. Others we talked to in town were paying a lot less for a room with views, AC, wi-fi and breakfast. It is nice to hear the waves but the beach is not that spectacular to make it necessary to stay at a hotel on the beach. Being from Florida I guess we are spoiled by having beautiful white sandy beaches. No I don't think I will be returning there. Depending on your expectations will tell you whether you would like this place or not. I went down there expecting the worst and got it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Alberta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

If you get one of the 'good' rooms and they aren't bug infested, the location is nice complete with monkeys. However, it's difficult to get in and out. We got the smallest room - no a/c, less than basic, complete with biting, flying flea-type bugs which were in between the bed sheets, under the pillows and flying around in the room. Also, Carol/Anna has a personality disorder and is impossible to deal with if you are having a problem - like being bitten in your bug-infested room. Our room would not have even been available if the people in it hadn't left after one night. We didn't sleep over but found another room and left within a few hours. The pictures are all of the penthouse on the top floor - which was somehow 'not ready' so we couldn't move up there from our infested room. Our room was the size of the normal bedroom and the 'kitchenette" was an old sink, an ancient hot plate and a few old dishes. You couldn't cook there. You might be lucky - or you might be frantically trying to find another room like we were. Just avoid it. There are other, much nicer places for a similar price (e.g. Le Posada - nearly same price with an actual kitchenette AND monkeys, walking distance to restaurants, the park, etc.).

• Stayed December 2010
Spokane, wa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

This was not the most luxurious hotel I've ever stayed at, but it is in a developing country. When I go to places like this, I'm not expecting American standards of penthouse. If you want that kind of luxury, go somewhere else.

If you do want great beach, a hotel right on the water, and the closest wildlife you'll see in MA this place is for you. The beach was stunning. We literally saw more wildlife sitting on the porch than the actual park .We had monkeys come right up on the porch. We saw huge lizards, birds, etc. AMAZING.

The rooms are adequate. Nothing to write home about. They could use some softer mattresses on the futons, but nothing I wouldn't deal with for a few days to be that close to the beach. The first night there we walked along the beach down to get dinner. It was lovely.

Do yourself a favor and rent a 4WD with a GPS to find this place. Oh, and take a headlamp for the night excursions on the beach.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

If you want no a/c, bugs in your room (i'm talking about things that looked like roaches), crazy owner, dangerous parking area, dirty rooms, rooms used by the owner (anna - we think she changed her name from carol, the previously used name in the older posts), and gun shots. The the posts from 2006 and 2007 accurately describe the hotel. I have no idea what the people in 2010 and 2009 saw, but the bath towels she gave her were old and had holes in them. Some were colorful and some were dirty white, which leads me to think that they might have been her own. She left two used pieces of bar soap in the bathroom. Shampoo and conditioner was not provided. I thought she forgot so I asked her for them. She gave me some used bottles, and offered to share some of her own if it wasn't enough.

When we arrived, we found our 'luxury studio' looked more like a large walk-in closet. So we upgraded to a 'villa,' which resembled a crappy studio. I had to slaughter four bugs that looked like large roaches. I think she has been using the kitchen before we got there, since the rice and cooking oil I saw was removed after we left to give her some time to tidy up the room. Also, our car was parking right ouside off the gate, but was broken into overnight. They tried to steal the car stereo. Our final nite, we heard some crazies roaring around in a car and then two gunshots. We thought we were going to die. We found out from anna that the neighborhoods had shot their guns to scare off the crazies.

We also had to unlock and lock the padlocked car gate each time we entered/left.

We would have left after seeing the place had we not provided our cc info and authorization to charge.

I paid $112/nite. This was not the kind of bargain I was looking for. I'd rather just pay much more than make the mistake of staying here.

I guess for some people, it might be a deal to stay at a beachfront hotel that is more of a 1 to 2 star rating with it lagoon (swamp) and natural setting.

We also staying at Mountain Paradise ($85/nite) in Arenal and Hidden Canopy Treehouse ($245/nite) during our trip and those places were awesome. Yes, both were awesome relative to what we paid.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Santiago de Puriscal, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

My girlfriend traveled to Costa Rica to visit me for my birthday. I searched all the hotels I could in Manuel Antonio, and this one was the most reasonibly priced with vacancy. I called to make a reservations, and was greeted by the owner herself. When we arrived in Quepos the next day, we took a 4x4 from the city, down to the hotel. Although the road was a bit bumpy, the location was spectacular. The rooms were quaint, and the owner Anna took very good care of us. The hotel faced a private little strip of beach about 5 minutes walking from the local market with lots of cool stuff and delicious restaurants. It was also about 10 minutes from the entrance of Manuel Antonio park. After walking around for a while, we noticed most of the hotels were not on the beach, unlike this one. Later, we came back for a shower, and asked Anna about any nice places to eat. She was able to tell us not only about nice gringo restaurants, but also good local places to eat and drink. We had a blast at all the places she mentioned. If you are looking for a place close to everything, and want a nice, quiet time directly on the beach, this is your place!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Riverside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

This place was absolutely amazing! 3 friends and I went there at the end of April of this year and stayed in the penthouse. The view was gorgeous and lady that worked there was an absolute delight. We walked to breakfast and dinner every night which was only about a 10 min walk on the beach. The beach wasn’t crowed and it was very peaceful. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a relaxing time while in SM. Thanks again CC you were awesome!

*hannah

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Nature's Beachfront Aparthotel? Share your experiences!