“Hidden Jewel - 3rd Stay and Exceeds My Expectations Every Time!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Condotel Las Cascadas

Save Saved
You added Condotel Las Cascadas to your Saves list
Condotel Las Cascadas
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Zona Americana, Manuel Antonio National Park 6350, Costa Rica   |
Announcement
All suites $75.00
Eagle River, AK
“Hidden Jewel - 3rd Stay and Exceeds My Expectations Every Time!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Just over a year ago, I discovered a hidden jewel nestled within a lush tropical rainforest, Condotel Las Cascadas. Since my first trip to Costa Rica in May 2012, I have returned twice more to explore many parts of this beautiful country. I have fallen in love with the scenic vistas, awesome wildlife and most of all the beautiful caring people. Each trip, I spend several days with Gary, Catalina and their family at Las Cascadas and my visit exceeds my expectations every time.

Whenever family and friends ask me where they should stay when visiting Manuel Antonio National Park...I quickly tell them without hesitation Las Cascadas. There may be other places to stay in the area; however, in my extensive travels I have never found another place which compares to the warmth that I feel when I visit my new friends at their charming, boutique hotel. Las Cascadas reminds me of my time spent at New England's historical inns, U.S. where you feel more like family then a faceless guest. While I typically spend the days hiking through the national park or sailfishing from the nearby Marina, I spend most nights at Las Cascadas meeting the other guests from around the world having drinks and relaxing by the pool in the outside cantina.

Gary and Catalina have always been generous and gracious hosts who give willingly of their time and offer advice on local activities. A scrumptious breakfast consisting of fresh fruits, juices, omelets, banana/coconut pancakes, and smoked salmon and bagels are served daily by the poolside or at another private setting of your choice.

Any guest who stays at Las Cascadas will agree that over the past two decades Gary and Catalina have poured their heart and soul into transforming their property into an amazing sanctuary. Shielded within a beautiful rainforest it appears that Las Cascadas has existed since the beginning of time. Although, built in stages their vision has remained constant throughout the years. From recent photos I have seen, they have given a new, stylish, fresh face to some of their older rooms. The property’s open design built on sloped terraces, use of windows to accentuate vistas, waterfall and painted murals in the pool area, a rock fountain in the Penthouse Suite, and use of woods and earth tones within each of the condos are only some of the examples of how Gary and Catalina have succeeded at bringing the outdoors indoors.

Gary and Catalina….Mis Amigos, thank you once again for opening your home and I can’t wait until our next visit.

Cheers,
Jeff Norberg

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
las-cascadas, Owner at Condotel Las Cascadas, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for your generous and flattering comments . Its always a pleasure to have you here . You will love our new look , Hope to see you soon.

233 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
East Ridge, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This condotel was beautiful. Our first taxi driver had to call to find it and still got a little turned around! It's quiet and out-of-the-way. We only had breakfast here, but it was wonderful. Since we came in the off season, things were a little slower, so most of the downtown businesses were closed, but the hotel would make reservations and taxi accommodations for wherever we wanted to go. The room are air conditioned and share a kitchen/sitting area with an adjoining room that is gated, yet open air. We saw an 18" lizard on our patio the day we left too. The pool area is well situated to the rooms and has great seating areas. our only drawbacks were trying to find a 3-prong outlet for a laptop and needing maybe 1 more blanket/cover on the bed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Love must be in the air this year as we have catered to many great people on their honeymoons and anniversaries. My congratulations to you both . We loved having you here . I promised you monkeys and we delivered . They put on such a show up there in the Dome . Even after 20 years I have to stop what I am doing to watch them. Glad you could enjoy the magic.
Come back again
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Las Cascades for our 10 year anniversary trip, we loved it! This is not your typical hotel or resort but we liked the quaintness of Las Cascadas. Gary and his family are wonderful. We stayed in the honeymoon dome. Be aware that this is a steep climb, but we loved it. One evening we had monkeys playing on the roof and in the trees surrounding our room and we just sat outside and watched them for about 45 minutes. Quepos is not the "resort" town that Manuel Antonio is, but Manuel is only a short taxi ride away. We enjoyed seeing the "real' Costa Rica as well as being able to visit the "touristy" areas. Great food, beaches and shopping close by. The people we met were so friendly. We had a great anniversary trip and it started with Las Cascadas!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
las-cascadas, Owner at Condotel Las Cascadas, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
We are so pleased you found us and that you enjoyed your stay here . Our little Jewel Las Cascadas is fast becoming known as a great honeymoon spot or get away for those special occasions . We have catered to over 35 honeymoons this year and many other anniversaries . We have never seen so many monkeys as we have this year. Glad you got the chance to enjoy them. They do put on quite a show up there on the Dome .I am thinking of turning it into the monkey amusement park .
Des Plaines, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Great place! The property is just really nifty, well decorated, and well maintained. Friendly staff and friendlier canines. You can also catch some glimpses of lizards and other such forest friends. I recommend this location to anyone that wants to be secluded and separate from the slew of hotels on the main road to Manuel Antonio.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to write us a review. Our location is one of our best assets, More and more guests are finding the Manuel Antonio scene getting a little crowded and we offer a beautiful sanctuary here at Las Cascadas on 3 acres of property and only min away from the park , and many beaches in the area. Come back soon
The Woodlands, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at Las Cascadas for 8 nights and we loved it. Gary, Catalina and their 3 boys treat you like family from the minute you arrive at the resort until the day you leave. We were the first ones to stay in our room with the completely renovated bathroom. Talk about spa like accommodations! It sounded like they just recently completed new bathrooms in several of the other units as well. One night we got to experience an entire troop of monkeys come across the property, what a site! Gary and Catalina were a great resource for anything to do nearby and were helpful in scheduling all of our excursions for us. The staff at the resort were extremely helpful and polite as well. Stop staying at big hotels and enjoy Costa Rica at Las Cascadas!

Thanks for a great experience! We'll be back soon!

Brian and Mandy from Texas

Room Tip: Gary showed me the Penthouse suite and it had the most amazing view! If you don't mind a small...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
It was a great time had by all. Great group Hope you can post that great video you got of Popeye the titi monkey garfing down that cricket up in the Dome . Nat Geo kind of moment. Sounds like you will be coming back , look forward to it.
alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My husband and I were to stay here for the 1st 4 nights of our vacation but left after 1 night. The room was in bad need up freshening up. The hot water didn't work at all and when my husband mentioned this to the owner Gary he tried to convince him that he was wrong instead of trying to correct it. They have pet dogs that barked all during the night and kept waking us up. There was a gate that lead to our room and a neighboring room that had the lock cut out of it (which was questionable in itself). We were told to lock it up (scary considering the undesirable neighborhood that the hotel is located in) with a lock and chain but there was only 1 key to share between the 2 different rooms!?! Then the deadbolt to our room didn't lock. Needless to say we went down the road closer to Manuel Antonio and booked a fabulous bungalow and staying the rest of our time in that area. It is in my opinion too far away from Manuel Antonio to list it as a Manuel Antonio hotel. The owner and his family are nice enough but I would not book this hotel again.

Room Tip: The suites seemed to have better reviews so choose one of these if you decide to stay here.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
las-cascadas, Owner at Condotel Las Cascadas, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
We are sorry you felt that this was not the place for you but I have to clear up a few of your comments . In Costa Rica the C on the water taps means Caliente which translates into HOT . Since we were your first stop in Costa Rica I understand your confussion with the hot water but we always have lots of hot water and most people figure it out on their own.
Regarding the dogs I had mentioned the problem that a previous guest who had stayed here for 2 weeks had adopted a cat and left us with it when she left. Unfortunatly our dogs are not used to having a cat on the property and made a fuss that night . If no one has complained about the dogs in over 180 reviews I think it shows this is not a common occurance here .
Finally your referance to the UNDESIRABLE NEIGHBORHOOD . Yes we are situated in a small neighborhood of hard working, honest , middle class Costa Ricans, Sorry you found that offensive.
I will take advantage to mention that since your stay with us we have just concluded renovations on 4 bathrooms and we are very proud of our New Look.
Bastrop, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My girlfriend & I recently stayed at "Las Cascadas" and we cannot say enough about it. The owner and operator, Gary was extremely gracious and a wonderful host. His employee, "Susan" at the front desk was an absolute dream. She helped us book the tours that we wanted and was ever so ready to see that we comfortable. The 3rd or 4th day there, I could not access the internet via my laptop, she checked on it, made sure it was working and then walked the 60+ stairs to our room and made sure I had accessed the internet.

Gary upgraded our room and gave us a room with kitchen and living area. The room was extremely beautiful and the staff kept the room extremely clean while we were there. The view was spectacular, the hotel grounds were spectacular as well.

The hotel is very lovely and I am sure that there are hotels just as nice, in and around the area. What makes this place so different are the people there. They are wonderful hosts and make you feel so welcomed. We plan to travel back to Costa Rica in the future and will make our reservations at this same place. We absolutely loved it...............

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so happy that you enjoyed yourselves here . I appreciate your patience with us during our renovations . Hope you can come back some time soon and check out the improvements.
From the staff and management of Las Cascadas // Happy Trails