Three of us stayed here for 3 nights, March 23 - 25, and really enjoyed our stay.
Room - We stayed in the same room that is right off the parking area, and all of the things that the other reviewer complained about, I felt gave the room character. The room was big enough for the three of us, it was clean (no scorpions, or pests of any kind!!), and the bathroom/shower area was perfectly fine. There is a small fridge and coffee machine, not really much of a sitting area, but not sure why you need it because you can sit on the bed, or GO OUTSIDE! The bed was huge and quite comfortable. Two minor things are that the room could have used a bit more light, and a safe in the room is always good, but we were able to use the one in the office, so no problem. There are a variety of rooms if ours doesn't sound like it would meet your needs.
Staff/Owners - Very nice and friendly. Gary (owner) had lots of tips for us about restaurants and places to explore. He booked a tour for us, and helped another girl book her flight. His wife and sons are often around, and are also friendly and helpful, gives the place a nice feel. Other staff were always working hard and smiling.
Grounds - Top notch!! Lots of flowers and greenery. Great pool area, with a deep end, and nice lounge beds. Beautiful birds flying around, and best of all, a sloth, who hung out in the tree by the pool the whole time we were there. People in the rooms higher up saw monkeys as well. Nice little breakfast area by the pool with good food, a full breakfast for $7 each, reasonable.
Price - I did lots of research before choosing this place, and our room, at about $120/night is a moderate price, and totally worth it for what we got. (CR is not cheap, unless you are staying at a hostel type place.)
Location - In the town of Quepos, a 15 minute bus ride to MA Park (we did not have a car, no problem, less than 60 cents for bus each way, and so easy). The walk to town takes less than 10 minutes, you walk through a lane with Costa Rican homes on each side, sometimes kids are out playing, or dogs are out lounging, past a school where where they always seem to be playing soccer, down a short hill (a tiny bit of a climb on the way back), and go for a couple of blocks and there you are. Nice town, you get a bit of a feel for the culture when you walk around, some nice beaches, was told you can swim there, but rarely saw people in the water. Some nice restaurants.
Things to do - Manuel Antonio Park is a must , get a guide, and barter with them for a lower price (they ask $20/person), you will see lots of animals and they will put your camera on a telescope for great pictures. Villa Vanilla was worth the $50 each, good for all ages.
Restaurants - El Grande Escape for good food like home, a bit expensive, but big portions. Banana Club for an interesting Costa Rican experience, good food friendly service. El Avion for an amazing view and okay food.
If interested check review of place we stayed before this in Santa Teresa (Canaima Chill House), and place after this in San Jose (Hotel Aranjunez).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful family-owned vacation rentals with several options to suit your group's needs. We offer 1,2 or 3 bedroom suites with A/C, WiFi and access to our pool with terrace and waterfall. Some units are available with kitchen, living room, cable TV, living room, ocean view, and outdoor terrace with lounging area, mini-bar and ocean view. A ten minute walk to town, oceanfront, and a snorkeling cove. Peaceful location on the edge of the rainforest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Condotel Las Cascadas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Condotel Las Cascadas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Condotel Las Cascadas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park