“Wonderful place in Quepos/Manuel Antonio area” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Condotel Las Cascadas

You added Condotel Las Cascadas to your Saves list
Condotel Las Cascadas
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Road to the Marina Pez Vela, 250 Mts West, Zona Americana, Tipo H | Quepos, Manuel Antonio National Park 6350, Costa Rica   |
Lakewood, Ohio, United States
“Wonderful place in Quepos/Manuel Antonio area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Great spot just outside of downtown Quepos and close to Manuel Antonio. Grounds were very relaxing for being so close to the city. Pool was great and we saw some wildlife right at our hotel. Gary and Catalina are wonderful hosts who cook up a great meal. It's a good place to relax and get advice from other guests on activities in and around the area. Highly recommend it for anyone staying in the Manuel Antonio area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
san diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I found this place after doing a lot of research on hotels in the manuel antonio area and reading other trip advisor reviews. I wouldn't normally write a review but our experience here was just so fantastic and I felt obligated to get the word out.

A 10$ cab ride to the national park and some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Its just out side of the tourist zone in quepos. I really enjoyed quepos over manuel antonio because I felt like i got to experience the culture better. While there we were able to walk around the downtown area (like 6 square blocs, 2$ cab ride and 5 minute walk) and get to meet locals and see how they live.

The owners were great and you could tell that they really enjoyed helping the guests. They would bend over backward to make sure you were having a good time.

The hotel was built into the side of the mountain and most of the rooms have a view of the ocean. The reason the hotel is called las cascadas is because a short walk down a path you will find a waterfall. You very much feel like you are in the jungle with all of the wild life. Tons of birds, lizards, frogs, and a few times a week they get monkeys passing through. If your looking for a cookie cutter hotel experience, this is not it. But that is exactly what I loved. the people the location and the Price.

Room Tip: we origionall had the room high up int he canopy but were able to get one closer down. Its a hike t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at the condotel las cascades at the end of our honeymoon. This hotel is family run and really makes you feel like home.
If you are a fishermen it's in a great location, walking distance to the marina. You are able to bring whatever you catch back to the hotel and cook it up on the BBQ.
The property is absolutely beautiful! Small, quaint very private. We stayed in the honeymoon dome and it was well worth the hike. We saw monkeys on our balcony the first day we were there, lots of wildlife.
However if you are looking for a large resort feel of a hotel this may not be for you. You really get to experience the local culture on this property. This property is very safe with safes in each room cameras and a security guard at night.
I would recommend this hotel to any one of my family or friends

• Stayed February 2013
Cranston, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This truely was the best hotel experience of my life! Our hosts, Gary & Catalina were the nicest people you could ever meet. Great breakfast in the little outdoor dining area, nice, clean rooms,...in the three night we were there we made friends with everyone else staying there. I miss sitting by the pool drinking Imperial's with everyone! Easy walking distance to the town or a quick cab ride for $2.00. You can also hop on a city bus in town and head to Manuel Antonio for 30 cents! I also loved the local bar/restaurant at the bottom of the hill...Banana Club, the food was fantastic and authentic. Where else can you look out your window and see monkeys going back and forth across the rooftops...just a great experience!!!

Room Tip: You are in a neighborhood in the rainforest so there might be noises so don't complain. The bett...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed at Las Cascadas over New Years 2012. We did a lot of driving before we arrived at Las Cascadas so we were happy to find out we had been upgraded from the Dome to the Penthouse Suite for our 25th anniversary. The pictures you see are just what you recieve! The place was very clean and the views were beautiful. Even a lovely view out the bathroom and very private. We just loved all the personal touches and use of wood in the unit. The price for Christmas/New Years was a fraction of any place in Manuel Antonio and we were only in our room at night. We also did not like the all the busy action of Manuel Antonio. There was a family from Greensboro North Carolina staying at the property while we were there that complained they did not have enough blankets but the entire crew had the flu (after the hotel's New Year's Eve get together I was lucky enough to take the sickness with me to our next destination - if you are sick please stay in your room!). We did not use a blanket the whole time we were there even though we did have some rain. We enjoyed quick access to town and other attractions in the area. Thank you Tim for all of your advise. We loved the Monkey Tour with Diego. Thanks Gary, Catalina & staff. Hope to see you again soon.

Room Tip: Please note reviews - if you have mobility issues this is not the place for you!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
las-cascadas, Owner at Condotel Las Cascadas, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Its been amazing all the anniverseries and honeymooners that have been coming our way this year . We enjoy having people in here that are celebrating life in any way . We will be putting together some nice honeymoon packages for this year that will be very attractive . so keep in touch for the next one .
Sherwood Park, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My wife and I booked an anniversary vacation at Las Cascadas. We have never had a better experience at a hotel than this one. This is a unique family run business and the highlight of our stay was the warm welcoming feeling that we got from the owners Gary and Catalina and their three sons. They made us feel like we were long lost family members, and that is something that we will never forget. As this was our first time to Costa Rica (and don't speak spanish) we didn't know what to expect, Gary and Catalina guided us through the whole process. Catalina even booked our whole week of excursions for us and recomended places that we never would have found on our own. We stayed in the penthouse suite which is very quiet, clean, secluded and has an amazing view. When we were in our room we felt like we were alone in the rain forest, but with all the modern comforts. Catalina and Gary showed us around the many different suites that they had to offer, it made us realize that they could accomadate several different group sizes with their varying suite arrangements. My only complaint is that I developed an addiction to Catalina's awesome banana/coconut pancakes and now that I am home I am having withdrawal symptoms! I think I need to go back!

Room Tip: We were able to see all of the rooms, it is best to call direct and they will guide you to the room...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure spending time with you and truly hope you make it back some day, Bring the kids next time . The package of items you left behind should be arriving any day now .
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Condotel Las Cascadas isn't the Best Western, and I mean that only in the best of ways. This hotel has character and heart. Each unit is unique, from standard-type rooms to the dome-shaped room that my friends and I stayed in. (In my opinion this was the most beautiful room...though it's a steep climb to it, you'll be rewarded by your location in the treeline which allows amazing views of monkeys some mornings!) My favorite part of traveling is the opportunity to meet interesting people and that's exactly what you get when you stay at this hotel. Owner couple Gary & Catalina are just COOL! (Ask Gary about his time in the Arctic or his endeavors with tropical fish!) They are very much committed to the area they live in and care a lot about how it's being developed. It was super easy to take a taxi/catch a bus to Manuel Antonio, and easy to walk to the town of Quepos (which has a great Fri night/Sat morn farmer's market). My 2 girl friends and I felt very safe staying there and walking around at night. It was also comforting to know that the hotel has a night guard and a safe in each room to store valuables. My friends and I really had no complaints, but I'm sure that if our needs had not been met that Gary and Catalina would have done everything they could to make it a comfortable stay. I look forward to staying here again in the future!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Condotel-lascascadas, Owner at Condotel Las Cascadas, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thanks so much for the kind words. I am glad I did not bore you with all my stories , but you were good listeners . Hop it was not too cold when you got home to NY
See you again next time
Gary

Been to Condotel Las Cascadas? Share your experiences!