My husband, 3 sons and I stayed at Las Cascadas over Christmas break. During the first night of our stay (in Unit #1) , our unit was broken into (while we were sleeping). The intruder removed a piece of glass from the front door, and ransacked the living area, taking cameras and other electronics as well as cash and wallets.Needless to say, this was a very upsetting experience. Gary did hire a security guard after the incident, and I believe he is planning to keep a night guard on staff. My advice to all travelers is to make sure a security guard is on site during your stay. After further research, it appears that an on-site security guard is the norm in this area, so be sure you have one during your visit. We were aware that petty theft is a problem in this area, but did not anticipate the possibility of an occupied home being broken into.
The rooms are fine, as is the hotel and it's grounds.
- Also Known As:
- Condotel Las Cascadas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Condotel Las Cascadas Hotel
- Condotel Las Cascadas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful family-owned vacation rentals with several options to suit your group's needs. We offer 1,2 or 3 bedroom suites with A/C, WiFi and access to our pool with terrace and waterfall. Some units are available with kitchen, living room, cable TV, living room, ocean view, and outdoor terrace with lounging area, mini-bar and ocean view. A ten minute walk to town, oceanfront, and a snorkeling cove. Peaceful location on the edge of the rainforest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Condotel Las Cascadas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.