My friends and I stayed at Las Cascadas during the first few days of September of 2012, and from the moment the car dropped us off, I was in awe... Gary (the hotel owner) and his family have a done an absolutely beautiful job decorating, running, and creating a comfortable, 'homey' feeling at Las Cascadas. The entire place sits beautifully on top of a hill. Many of the rooms have spectacular views, little bunnies run around, and there were days that we even saw monkeys swinging about. Every room was tastefully decorated, and felt authentically Costa Rican. It truly is beautiful, and I can't even count how many pictures I took of the place alone.
As for our experience with the staff... There is not a single negative thing that can be said. It is a family run place, and Gary and his family really made us feel like we were long lost relatives. They helped us with everything we needed, deterred us from shady situations, and took a personal interest to make sure that we all had a great and safe time. They were truly generous and king hearted people that we all feel in love with.
The hotel was also excellently located. We were walking distance from the city of Quapos, (literally down the hill and to the right) where there were great restaurant and little stores, street vendors, and one of the days we were there, there was a great outside farmer's market with some delicious fruits that I have never even seen before. Prices for food and shopping were definitely a little better in Quapos then in the heart of Manuel Antonio. But on the days that we preferred to hang out in the more touristy Manuel Antonio, cab rides were only $8-$10 and it generally did not take more than 10 minutes to get to our desired destination.
I can honestly say, without any reservations, that I would stay at Condotel Las Cascadas again the next time I visit Costa Rica... The hotel was amazing, the owners were fantastic, and the experience was deeply memorable. Thank you for everything Gary! You and your family helped make our trip everything we were hoping that it would be and more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful family-owned vacation rentals with several options to suit your group's needs. We offer 1,2 or 3 bedroom suites with A/C, WiFi and access to our pool with terrace and waterfall. Some units are available with kitchen, living room, cable TV, living room, ocean view, and outdoor terrace with lounging area, mini-bar and ocean view. A ten minute walk to town, oceanfront, and a snorkeling cove. Peaceful location on the edge of the rainforest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, T4B, Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Condotel Las Cascadas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Condotel Las Cascadas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Condotel Las Cascadas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park