“"Romantically hidden away Paradise"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Mango Moon

You added Hotel Mango Moon to your Saves list
Hotel Mango Moon
100 Meters Past La Mariposa Hotel, Manuel Antonio National Park 6350, Costa Rica   |
Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica
“"Romantically hidden away Paradise"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This was one of my first of many stops when arriving in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica. I was really excited to be able to bring my trained Australian shepherd along for my adventure. And Boy was I glad to find a Romantically hidden away Paradise was pet friendly. Upon arrival, we were promptly greeted by the Manager and the staff. They were prompt to pet my best friend and make US feel welcome. I know many people may not travel with their pets due to OTHER bad experiences with hotels NOT allowing pets. WOW.. what a great experience and a tranquil place to share my experiences with all the nature all around.. The natural trail to the private beach made the adventure even more surreal because of its secluded tropical location... the water was great. Upon arriving back to the hotel, a quick shower in the outdoor shower that is located near the TIKI BAR next to the pool, then a jump into the pool for a sunset of a lifetime. The rooms were decorated and VERY COMFORTABLE.. MADE ME FEEL like I was HOME. And having my favorite foods prepared by TITO(Manager) was very personal and D'LISH!!
After staying in Manuel Antonio for 5 months... I can say that there isn't a MORE PERSONAL private location with such sunsets as these... and We've seen alot of great places.. but We will FOREVER REMEMBER the Great time we had when staying here. TOTALLY RECOMMEND This to ANY of my many friends wanting to experience a GREAT, FRIENDLY, ROMANTIC, RESTFUL stay!! And ITS ON MY TO DO AGAIN LIST... UP AT THE TOP!!!!!!! Be sure to ask about all the available TOURS and things to do within just a few minutes walk!! Great FOOD EVERYWHERE!!!

Room Tip: Be specific on what your trip will entail and they will help you choose the BEST one for your stay...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Friendly, helpful staff. Lovely rooms. Nice pool. Peaceful location. Amazing views over the bay. Could spend hours watching monkeys play in the trees while the sunset lights up the sky every evening. Would stay here again if I went back to Costa Rica. Thank you.

• Stayed April 2012
Rehovot, HaMerkaz, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I had to write a review about this amazing place my wife and I encountered on our honeymoon.
We just arrived to Manuel Antonio and we were looking for a place to stay.
Tito (the owner) welcomed us with a great big smile and awesome music in the background, we felt like that this is a great spot to end our trip and boy oh boy we were right ;-)
Great quality food and drinks and unbelievable service!!!
When we were there (October 2012) it wasn't busy at all so Tito basically asked everyday what do we want to eat and actually prepared it for us, how cool is that?!
It is really hard to describe in words the experience of the Mango Moon so just go, you won't regret it!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't be stingy and take a room with a view, it cost a little bit more but it is definitely wort...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jaco, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

By far my best experience in costa rica. the suite was clean, well stocked, and very comfortable. with a view that was unbeatable. the food was some of the best ive had in the area. the staff was amazing. very service oriented but liked to have fun and entertain the guests. all around wonderful experience that i would return to anytime i get the chance. Thank you mango moon for an unforgettable weekend

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Douglasville, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

It's hard to find the right words to describe this amazing place!!! The views were breath-taking, the staff was very attentive, accommodating and extremely entertaining. I experienced all that before I even made it to my suite. My suite was perfection!!! The bed was right out of a tropical fairy tale, it was very cozy, and inviting. I especially love the hammock on my balcony (which I was happy to use as often as I could!). The food was excellent, and the hospitality and attentiveness of the staff to every detail, was more than I could have hoped for! I loved the location because I was able to explore both sides of the island by foot. If I ever got tired, hungry or thirsty during these explorations, there was always a restaurant nearby and/or a taxi to take me back to the hotel.
When I return to Costa Rica, I will definitely return to The Mango Moon!

Room Tip: I love the Gecko Suite
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Me and my husband were booked with self drive tour with costarican trails and were very disappointed with hotels offered in Manuel Antonio area with our package. So we booked ourselfs in for 3 nights at mango moon. View was wonderful, staff was even better, mahi mahi quesadilla was amazing! We both thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. Rico was the best thanks for making our honey moon even better!

• Stayed September 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

If you ever wanted a small boutique hotel with a knock out view this is it .
Add the lovely and kind staff and you have an un beatable place.
It's an easy walk to a few eating options and 5 min taxi to all surrounding.
Next time we come we definitely would stay here again.
Minor suggestions; no Wifi connection upstairs (extra antena upstairs will fix it)and maybe better noise insulation between rooms.

• Stayed September 2012