“Delicious fish tacos and onion rings” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Gato Pescador Fish and Chips

El Gato Pescador Fish and Chips
At Hotel Divisamar | in front of Barba Roja, Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, Costa Rican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Authentic fish & chips, all local ingredients, made fresh to order, our fish is beer battered, choose filet, fish balls or shrimp,choose tartar or chipotle sauce, combos served with cole slaw, choose fries or onion rings.
Calgary, Canada
“Delicious fish tacos and onion rings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

These were some of the best fish tacos I've tasted and the onion rings were the best I've ever had. The beer batter was fantastic. If you're not looking to eat local Costa Rican food and just want tasty food, then this is worth the stop.
Sally, you have a winning recipe here!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Toronto, Canada
“Simple and Oh So Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Wow, if you want great fish n chips check out Pescador Fish and Chips. Made fresh for each order. The batter is crispy and the fish is so tender. The best I have ever had. This is a small place with limited seating but even if you have to wait a bit, it will be worth it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Calgary
“Fab Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Small, unassuming open eatery by the main road which served a fantastic fish and onion rings combo meal. Fish - snapper, I think - was tender and lightly battered; onion rings,also lightly battered and fried to perfection. My husband had the fish tacos which he enjoyed too. The Canandian/American owner moved there about a year plus ago and lives there. Have at least ONE meal there, you won't regret it.

Visited December 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Just what my husband needed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

My husband and I recently returned from a 10 day trip to Costa Rica. The entire trip, he talked about finding some good fish tacos "like he always did in Mexico". Man did we luck out when we found this place! We first noticed the sign driving by as we entered town and were thrilled to find it was a short 10 minute from our hotel, La Mansion Inn. Throughout our trip, we were faced with meals $50 and up when the 10% gratuity and 13% tax were added to our bill and we simply weren't prepared for that. This place made my husband, our wallets and our stomachs happy!

We tried it for lunch and loved it so much, we came back a few hours later for dinner!! I tried the cheese quesadilla with sweet potato fries and then the fish taco with sweet potato fries. Both were delicious, but I loved the quesadilla for it's spicy kick. Both our meals came in UNDER $20!

If you are looking for a nice, simple meal that will make your belly happy, look no further!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica
“Delicious fish tacos and onion rings!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

The fish tacos were fantastic but what was even better were the onion rings and fries. Some of the best I have ever had! The staff was also very friendly and attentive.

• Visited November 2013