“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Update attraction details
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: "One of the best things to do in Costa Rica!" This canopy zipline tour is 20 minutes from Manuel Antonio National Park and features the Longest Single Zip Line in Costa Rica at Over 4,300 Feet at no extra charge! The tour features: 14 Tree Platforms, 3 Towers, 6 Hanging Bridges, 3 Nature Walks, natural outdoor butterfly garden, and 1 Double Belay Rappel. Fly Safely on Our Touchless Lines with No Braking Required by the Rider. 11 Double Anchored Ziplines Totaling Over 3.6 Kilometers in Length. Includes tour, transportation to and from Manuel Antonio or Quepos, snacks, water, and lunch. Group Discounts and Custom tours Available!
Santa Rosa, California
6 attraction reviews
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I had never been Ziplining before and was a bit reluctant, but El Santuario is fantastic!
They are big on safety! The equipment and structures are very well maintained.
The staff was friendly, helpful and very understanding. If you want to Zipline in Costa Rica,
this is the place to go!

Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“so much fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We LOVED our zip line tour! The guides were knowledgable and friendly. We felt very safe due to their extensive safety precautions and we had a great time. The guides took the time to point out plants and animals along the way and to teach us about our surroundings. I cannot tell you how much fun this was!

Portland, Oregon
“Don't miss this adventure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was the best part of our trip. We're in our 50's/60's with a fear of heights but so happy we decided to take the leap. This is a very professional, organized and safety-conscious company. The team is very knowledgeable of their country so the trip was educational as well as exhilarating and fun. They have a braking system so you don't have to worry about doing it on your own. Spectacular views. Lots of laughs along the way. An incredible experience - especially the 4300 foot line! Great photos to share with friends back home. We're still talking about it.

Visited February 2013
Evanston, Illinois
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

If you like ziplines, you've got to try this one! The 4300-foot one (that's 4/5 of a mile!) is truly awesome. You are zipping along so high above the trees, for almost two full minutes. It was an incredible experience--you forget that you are zipping or anything, it just feels like you are flying. You have time to actually look around at the beautiful jungle. It is exciting yet peaceful at the same time.
Neither I nor my husband or 9-year-old daughter had ever done a zipline before. But it's one of those things you can do in Costa Rica, and we wanted to try it. El Santuario is rather new--they just opened up in October 2012 I heard--but we also heard that they had the longest zipline in Central America.
All the equipment is new and felt absolutely sturdy. There are handrails on the ladders and spiral staircases, and guard rails on the platforms. The lines are self-braking, so you don't have to grab the line to slow yourself down (and risk your fingers). Our group was five adults and one child (ours), and she was the bravest and went first.
You start with a short line, and then each one get progressively longer, until you get to the big one, number 7. Once I got started, I wasn't nervous anymore. There are 11 lines, so you are hiking, climbing and zipping for a good 2 to 3 hours. It's quite humid, so be prepared for that. You don't need to be a super athlete, but it's best if you are in reasonably decent shape.
The guides were very considerate, and explained everything well. They like to crack a lot of jokes too.
My daughter loved it! Her only complaint was that because of her size (she's just about 53 pounds), she had to zip with one of the guides for many of the longer lines. She would have wanted to go by herself. I explained that it was a weight thing--the lighter you are, the slower you go, and she would have gotten stuck out in the middle. At about 130 pounds myself, I had to pull myself along for the last couple yards on the two longest lines. The guides joked that I would be a certified guide now too. So you know the brakes work very well.
We did not see as much wildlife as I would have hoped, but that might be different on a morning tour. Also, it's a newly reclaimed forest, and they are preserving it as a wildlife and botanical sanctuary (thus the name, right?), so I imagine there will be more wildlife in the future.
We did the afternoon tour, which ended with a delicious casado (typical Costa Rican meal) poolside at the The Falls hotel restaurant. There, the capuchin monkeys were putting on a show for sure! They were throwing leaves down from the palm trees, jumping around and carrying on. The owners of The Falls also own El Santuario, and they came out to say hello and ask us about our tour.
Kudos to our main guide Diego, who also designed and built the whole course. He built it, he's taken his daughter on it, and he's on it every day, so you know it must be very safe!
I think this would be a great experience for first timers like us, or for seasoned zippers who want to try out this really long line. We will definitely come back next time!

Visited January 2013
Toronto, Canada
18 attraction reviews
“Awesome! Wonderful staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This was my 2nd time zipling.. 1st time was another company in MA. This place was recommended to me by my hotel La Posada (even if you don't stay with them you can book through them and receive a slight discount)

It was my eight year old grandson's first time. He loved it. The staff treated us so well. They are extremely friendly yet very professional. Had a blast. They have the longest zipline in Central America which was awesome. The spectacular view high above the trees was awesome. One of the guides went my grandson on that line due to weight.

I found that getting on and off the lines was smooth and easy. The last place I used I found getting on the lines a bit difficult.

They do take photos and you download them from the internet. I had a bit of a problem with that but Scott was so helpful and patient to make sure I received the photos.

After our tour we were taken to The Falls hotel for lunch. Was awesome. This is a must do!!