“Best Breakfest!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Emilio's Cafe

Emilio's Cafe
40 meter before hotel Mariposa | Calle hacia el Parque Nacional Manuel Antonio, Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica
+506 2777 6807
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Royal Oak, Michigan
“Best Breakfest!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

the best baked goods and coffee.. There is not many places to find cake or muffins or such so this is a nice addition to the Manuel Antonio area!

North Vancouver, Canada
“Ok desserts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We didn't have a meal there, just some of the cakes and croissants. The croissants were tasty, as was the key lime pie (nice and tart). Some of the chocolate cakes were just ok, though. I'll be going back for coffee, though.

“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

This was the last place we ate in Costa Rica, we loved the Milagro cafe down the street in the other direction so we never noticed this gem of a place. I wish we had noticed it sooner, the coffee and cakes, bread and eggs were perfect! Great music great service adorable decor, we loved it

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“Delicious cheap food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is not known for ambiance but the food was GREAT! The service was very good. We had the curry fish and it was perfectly seasoned. Highly recommend!

Rochester, New York
“Great Cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Short Story: Awesome place, fresh delicious food, amazing coffee, "to die for" deserts with huge selection of choices, friendly staff, comfortable atmosphere, clean, and affordable. Definitely a MUST GO cafe!!

And now for the more detailed review: My b/f and I went to many nice dinners while vacationing in CR. However one day we decided we were just in the mood for simple cafe style food. The locals gave us a variety of recommendations, but to narrow the options down I did some research on-line. Thru Trip Advisor is how I found Emilio's. The reviews written by others were so helpful and gave me the incite I wanted. So I hope I can do the same now and give my opinion...

I don't think we would have found or chosen this place just on our own. It sits on the second level of a smaller building that has other shops/restaurants downstairs and is across from the arena. Once you know you are looking for Emilo's it is easy to find though. Inside the walls are vibrant colors, staff is friendly, very down to earth casual atmosphere, clean beautiful bathroom and just an overall very comfortable setting. A place that anyone can enjoy; whether alone and just need WiFi for some computer work, on a business lunch meeting or with your significant other looking for a simple meal, coffee or desert. There is inside seating, seating on back porch and a few tables out front. Place seemed small compared to some of the large upscale restaurants we previously dined at. But don't let their size fool you; as they have whatever you want.

Staff greeted us with a smile and we were able to sit where ever we wanted. They have two diff menu's, one fully in English and other full Spanish. I really like how they do that, compared to other places where the menu's were half n half making for a lot of reading and a lengthy/confusing menu. We started with wine, and soon after sitting the owner came over to say hello and see if we had any questions. Besides the menu items and specials written on chalkboard inside; the owner offered other choices and made recommendations. He was so pleasant and kind, and most of all he seems to enjoy and take pride in his cafe and appreciate his customers! We took forever deciding because everything sounded so amazing. I cannot remember what my b/f ordered, but I can tell you he was so impressed, he actually ordered a second meal!! I had a "make you own sandwich". The food was better than I can express in words. Soooo fresh and delicious. They even picked herbs for my b/f's meal straight from their own herb garden; it doesn't get fresher than that!! After our meals, we ventured to the front porch to "people watch" while enjoying tasty espresso's and [--] deserts. We had the key lime pie; which actually tasted of lime (not your typical sugar synthetic flavor crap you normally get), and also the Mississippi Mud Pie (I think that's what it's called)...I honestly want to go back to CR even if just for one day so I can eat this phenomenal pie again!! I was impressed by their large selection of Gluten Free deserts as well. And after everything our bill was surprisingly lower than I thought. Remember to tip though.... they have a jar at the register; and they truly earn every penny they make!!

I recommend Emilo's Cafe to anyone; and if you have taken the time to read this lengthy review...then you will understand why!

• Visited August 2013