Finished off our CR trip in Manuel Antonio at the Makanda by the Sea resort. This hotel was perfect for our needs (huge room, great food, helpful staff), close to all attractions and great luxury. Despite a small mixup at check in, Makanda was highly professional in all aspects and extremely helpful. Tip: if hiking to the beach below the property, take water shoes bc beach is very rocky, and prepare for a 20 minute hike in rugged terrain
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makanda By the Sea is 12 acres of wildlife sanctuary, 100 meters above the ocean. Our fully equipped Villas and Studios are carefully placed in rainforest gardens with spectacular views of the sixty mile coastline. Hotel Makanda is the ideal location for guests wishing to experience “romance in nature”, dazzling sunset views and our personalized boutique hotel ambiance. Offering gourmet cuisine, first class service, and close to Manuel Antonio Park, Spas, Restaurants, Tours and Beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Makanda by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makanda By The Sea Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Makanda By The Sea Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park